aberdeen-music

Julian Lynch 'Mare'

Mr Owl PhD

I don't normally give plugs to new records but thought I should encourage folks to have a listen to Julian Lynch's second album 'Mare', which has just come out. This is because:

a) It's really great and distinctive

b) Julian spent a year living in Aberdeen (around 05/06) so there's a bit of a local connection

Seems to be getting some good reviews e.g.

Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Julian Lynch: Mare

You can have a listen here:

Mare | Julian Lynch

I don't normally give plugs to new records but thought I should encourage folks to have a listen to Julian Lynch's second album 'Mare', which has just come out. This is because:

a) It's really great and distinctive

b) Julian spent a year living in Aberdeen (around 05/06) so there's a bit of a local connection

Seems to be getting some good reviews e.g.

Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Julian Lynch: Mare

You can have a listen here:

Mare | Julian Lynch

Mr Owl thanks for pointing that out, I remember Julian & was very very impressed at the time sadly he only ever played one IMP event just b4 he left to go back to the US....

Mr Owl thanks for pointing that out, I remember Julian & was very very impressed at the time sadly he only ever played one IMP event just b4 he left to go back to the US....

Yes I remember that - I think he played as part of a duo but can't remember the name they played under. It was a gig with Larkin Grimm and the Kitchen Cynics IIRC.

Hopefully he'll come back to Britain soon - I think he'd like to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest idol_wild

I only ask because friends of mine were offered the tour package in Edinburgh - three touring bands! They were swithering on how to approach the show if they were to commit to putting it on, and I was just curious to see how you guys were approaching it. Going with a 4-act bill?

I only ask because friends of mine were offered the tour package in Edinburgh - three touring bands! They were swithering on how to approach the show if they were to commit to putting it on, and I was just curious to see how you guys were approaching it. Going with a 4-act bill?

Aye. 4 acts. Stay tuned...