aberdeen-music

New pig destroyer????

rune

Popular? hehe not sure about that, grindcore i dont think has never been popular

Whens the last time you seen pig destroyer on top of the pops!

Im sure that would ruffle a few feathers

Considering when extreme noise terror were asked to show on tele and when the producers actaully heard the sound, they deemed it "not in the intererst of the general public"

Dont think this genre will ever hit wide stream appeal.

Shame it should really as everyone should own a pig destroyer cd so to widen their

scope in music!

Still have to find a band heavier than pig destroyer myself tho

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I hope to hell it never gains mass appeal, and I don't think it ever will. Pig Destroyer are a great band, but there are literally hundreds of killer noise/grind bands all over the world. Fear Of God still rule, check them out.

I hope to hell it never gains mass appeal' date=' and I don't think it ever will. Pig Destroyer are a great band, but there are literally hundreds of killer noise/grind bands all over the world. Fear Of God still rule, check them out.[/quote']

Thx for that, i will seek them out :)

lol' date=' Pig Destroyer are the "popular" noise band. They used to be good :up:[/quote']

What a wanker!!!, they are metalcore for a start, they are hardly "popular" and they keep getiing better, do you actually own or properly listen to all of their old and newer stuff?. i sincerely doubt it!!,

Anyone else get fed up and irritated with these self rightous know it all bags of waste?!,,

So how are your "bands" doing hog?, been signes to relapse yet?.

Erm!! yeah they are!!, thats even how they describe themselvs in many interviews, not quite thrash/death metal or hard or grind core or punk, but very Slayer/Kennedy's influenced, they call themselves metalcore, and quite frankly they sound metalcore!!, all the traits are there, from the riffs to the lengths and style/sructure of the songs, theres no point in arguing.

Prowler in the yard was a good record.

Not heard much other Pig Destroyer.

In terms of a DVD i`ve not seen it although still havn`t gotten artound to buying the Relapse DVD. The new DEP album is apparently awesome..... which should be out soon.

Hoorah....

Well, 38 Counts of Battery and Painter of Dead Girls(the songs off all the splits) are pretty fuckign far from metalcore. Its alot more powerviolence/grindcore. Prowler in the Yard may be a bit closer to Metalcore, but its a far cry different from the likes of Norma Jean/From Autumn to Ashes.

I'm listening to SUNN0))) and I think im going to puke.

we at one up have no release date yet for the new pig destroyer thingy. there was an ep released recently but no full length album. saying that the ep had about 13 tracks anyway like.

i've always considered pig destroyer to be a grindcore band. heh, genres eh? who needs em. prowler in the yard is an awesome album.

terrifyer

32 minute record proper and 37 minute audio dvd called 'natasha'.

tracklisting:

01. Pretty in Casts

02. Boy Constrictor

03. Scarlet Hourglass

04. Thumbsucker

05. Gravedancer

06. Lost Cause

07. Sourheart

08. Towering Flesh

09. Song of Filth

10. Verminess

11. Torture Ballad

12. Restraining Order Blues

13. Carrion Fairy

14. Downpour Girl

15. Soft Assassin

16. Dead Carnations

17. Crippled Horses

18. The Gentleman

19. Crawl of Time

20. Terrifyer

21. Natasha

october 12th us release and october 25th european release.

OGPD since 38

steve

remember when Napalm Death were on "what's that sound" ? (Craig Charles music programme, kids TV, bbc1)...

now, would HOG slag of ND (remember, this was when Mick Harris and Bill Steer and Lee Dorrian were still in the band (i.e. when they were good) and call them "popular"...

anyway, that's not the point...I think it's sad when people have to "go off" a band when they start to get a bigger fanbase...it's pretty sad, you should only discount a band if you think they a, are going down the pan (musically), b, discount their own principals.

I can name a few bands that I adored over the years, which eventually fucked me off with their attitudes.

ND being one of them (it shouldn't even be called Napalm Death anymore really, as none of the original members are in the fucking band ! (now, who thinks that riding on a 'Brand Name' would be the kind of thing ND would have done ?)

PitchShifter

they just turned into a fucking kiddies "angst tune making machine". Apparently they don't even have/count "industrial" in their back catalogue ! (Probably cos it's too harsh and depressing (?!) for the kiddies, so why try and sell it)

carcass "swan song"...I'll say no more.

Napalm Death were ace (Scum era). Not keen on them now, not because they are more popular just prefered the more primal/noisy early line up.

Ach, its not because Pig Destroyer are popular, hey I might even buy the album!The same seems to go for Ag nose bleed! Its just that there are lots of kids who seem to jump the bandwagon because its cool instead of trying to really understand the music.

well' date=' don't slag the band off for that !

and what gives you the right to discount a kid who wants to listen to the music "only you" are allowed to listen to ?!

(sounds a bit harsh, sorry hog)...[/quote']

Its cool Lepeep :up:

Im not saying that any band should be mine only to listen to. I just reckon that some people treat noisy music as a fashion trend. Even if thats how it is, the are free to listen to whatever they like.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Its cool Lepeep :up:

Im not saying that any band should be mine only to listen to. I just reckon that some people treat noisy music as a fashion trend. Even if thats how it is' date=' the are free to listen to whatever they like.[/quote']

That's always how it's been, folks get into it for a couple of years then say they've "grown out" of it. Whatever. I wonder how many people will be listening to Agoraphobic Nosebleed in ten years time. I'll have to grow out of it soon, I've been listening to them for 7 years!

32 minute record proper and 37 minute audio dvd called 'natasha'.

tracklisting:

01. Pretty in Casts

02. Boy Constrictor

03. Scarlet Hourglass

04. Thumbsucker

05. Gravedancer

06. Lost Cause

07. Sourheart

08. Towering Flesh

09. Song of Filth

10. Verminess

11. Torture Ballad

12. Restraining Order Blues

13. Carrion Fairy

14. Downpour Girl

15. Soft Assassin

16. Dead Carnations

17. Crippled Horses

18. The Gentleman

19. Crawl of Time

20. Terrifyer

21. Natasha

october 12th us release and october 25th european release.

OGPD since 38

steve

Yeah your a life saver!! Thx for that :)

Napalm Death were ace (Scum era). Not keen on them now' date=' not because they are more popular just prefered the more primal/noisy early line up.

Ach, its not because Pig Destroyer are popular, hey I might even buy the album!The same seems to go for Ag nose bleed! Its just that there are lots of kids who seem to jump the bandwagon because its cool instead of trying to really understand the music.[/quote']

Eyyyy!!!!!

Napalm death live cd "punishment in capitals" is so great!

I love it so :)

Pig Destroyer are seriously awesome.

I prefer the more older / rawr grindcore like early carcass and ND but Pig Destroyer fill in the void that them bands sadly cant fill anymore due to being shite now.

Now Repulsion and Brutal Truth now thats grindcore you can rely on.

Agoraphobic Nosebleed are all right but alot of the stuff is quite crap and i don't like drum machine music as it is just cheating in my opinion (yes spike pile driver) but they are good as they actually have a live drummer.