aberdeen-music

Glastonbury?

Johnny Mac

Anyone else go?

Just got back yesterday, first time I'd been and it was absolutely wonderful, despite the 1200 mile round trip and 7 hour queue in traffic to get in to the site!

Saw a load of bands: The King Blues, Rolf Harris, Reef, Coheed & Cambria, Temper Trap, The Hold Steady, The Big Pink, Stevie Wonder, Gorillaz, Frank Turner, Slash, Snoop Dogg, Frightened Rabbit, Biffy Clyro, Thom Yorke etc etc.

It was even sunny and roasting, I was shocked. Although 3 hours of sleep a night and waking up feeling like you've pished the tent takes it's toll.

The sheer scale of the place was pretty mental and the block 9 / Shangri La / Arcadia sections were unbelievable, well worth checking out some pics online.

I'll definately go back again. Onybody else?

Guest idol_wild

The John Peel tent is where all of the good stuff was on. The two key stages, Frightened Rabbit and The National aside, were utter mince, and I think the original post in this thread highlights that, really.

Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood was a pleasant surprise, but it was all about Holy Fuck in the John Peel tent; made my whole weekend and completely floored me. Broken Social Scene were pretty damn fine, and Ash were tight as a nun's chuff - I had a good reminisce as they battered out all the pre-1999 hits. Their new material is pretty fucking hoop, though.

Four Tet wasn't half bad either.

Pulled Apart By Horses and Grizzly Bear were my least favourite performances of the weekend. Especially the former - laughably bad. Grizzly Bear are just a boring, boring band. They should stick to playing songs from Horn of Plenty.

Oh, The xx disappointed me a lot too. Not that I expected anything from them, like. All style over substance in a neatly marketable package. They even brought Flap and the Minge onstage for a cover of her big hit. Faux Pas if there ever was one.

Aye, indeed.... the main and other stages had pretty horrific line-ups..... Slash was good though.

I spent most of my time at John Peel and up at the Park (which was absolutely wonderful). Missed Holy Fuck though sadly, was looking forward to the set too!

The view from up on the hill there was pretty spectacular and saw some top bands too.

I also got dragged to see N-Dubz.... fucking horrific, my ears are still bleeding.

I was there, first time I've been and absolutely loved it. The size of it is just incredible. I tried to walk from the Other stage to Shangri-la to see a band and it took ages to get across. The weather was fantastic but I can see how the site turns into a bog if it rains as it is in a valley.

I saw Mumford and Sons, The National, The Cribs, Ray Davies among many others and just went to the Pyramid stage for the headliners. Being an enormous Radiohead fan I was totally gutted when I found out Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood played, especially when i had been telling my pals we should see who the special guests are but changed my mind as I couldn't be arsed trecking over. Also tried to watch Drugstore who were a band I loved when I was at Uni but they were total fucking balls and a waste of time.

Done Glasto and Snowbombing in Austria so a good start to the festival season!