aberdeen-music

New Aberdeen Metal / Screamo band .. Comment Please xD :)

Stefan0502

YouTube - Broken Rain - Bow Down

Broken Rain .. A new aberdeen metal / screamo band has been formed and practised for a few weeks .... this is our first proper put together song and has still to be perfected ... this is just so that some feedback and discussion about us can happen :)

If people have any cover ideas please put them forward :)

More videos will be uploaded after later practises in the band ... Subscribe to keep up to date about what will be happening xD :)

Im Stefan Scott from the former band "ShutterSpeed" That some people may have heard of ... I will be checking this regularly about 2-3 times a day ... maybe more if alot of discussion occurs :) Thanks much xD :)

Right, I should say first that I'm not keen on "screamo" anyway, but it strikes me that this is significantly better musically than Shutterspeed, but the sung vocals are no good.

Also, I'm not sure you need "official" after your Youtube account, but that's just a personal annoyance.

In general, there seems to have been a positive progression from the unique stylings of the Speed, but the singing isn't going to vut it unless it improves drastically.

I'm not going to listen to it as you have used the term and that means you are probably shit and have ridiculous haircuts. I wouldn't normally judge it it like that but "screamo" is just shit. It's a passing trend much like aids and HIV was in the 80's. So in short YOUR MUSIC = AIDS.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

This is bog standard funny metal core chun. Nothing more than open chords and bad slaughter of the soul rip offs.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

This is bog standard funny metal core chun. Nothing more than open chords and bad slaughter of the soul rip offs.

Finally someone else thinks all this Metalcore shite that's doing the rounds is just bollocks 7th rate At The Gates ripoff. Bastards!!

I'm listening to this now. The vocals are reminiscent of Shutterspeed, because they are clearly REALLY GOOD, totally IN TUNE and definitely NOT SHIT AT ALL.

It's good that youngsters are starting bands and getting stuck in at an early age, but for the love of god, learn some quality control. Don't just upload the first shite recording of a first draft of a song for the world to hear. Get better. Get alot better. Get better some more. You could definitely do with putting in the legwork at getting better. Then record it at an actual listenable quality. All we can hear here is that terrible monotonous drum beat - mostly snare - the out of tune vocals from a singer who blatantly can't hear himself, and scooped mids on bad amps. I don't know what sort of response you were expecting to get other than a bad one.

• 2 months later...