aberdeen-music

Local Amp Tech Required.

Hi guys,

I'm just away to buy myself a new set of KT77 and ECC83 tubes for my TSL 100 head, and was wondering whether anybody knew of a local amp tech who could bias the new tubes for me? I haven't done it myself before, and so I'm not keen for making a mistake and either killing myself or my 1000 head.

Cheers.

Think the TSL is the same as the DSL and can be biased without opening your amp. Do a search on the net for biasing instructions for the TSL and you should get a guide. Its really safe and straightforward as you are not poking round inside the amp. All you need are a multimeter, eads with croc clips on them and a small screwdriver.

Would save you a fair bit of cash. If you can't find the instructions on the net give me a shout and I will see if I have a copy

Think the TSL is the same as the DSL and can be biased without opening your amp. Do a search on the net for biasing instructions for the TSL and you should get a guide. Its really safe and straightforward as you are not poking round inside the amp. All you need are a multimeter, eads with croc clips on them and a small screwdriver.

Would save you a fair bit of cash. If you can't find the instructions on the net give me a shout and I will see if I have a copy

cheers for the advice. i did search a while ago how to bias it and it's the same for all JCM 2000's. i just didn't trust myself to do it properly! i thought i'd see whether there was anyone in aberdeen who would do it for a half-reasonable price, but if it's that easy i should probably just give it a shot myself (: