aberdeen-music

Looking for band members?

causingascene

Hey guys,

Thought this would be the best place to post this. We've started a new site for people looking for band members, we launched on Monday and we're already getting adverts posted and members joining hourly.

We're in bands ourselves and have tried to use similar sites before but have always struggled. We thought it was about time someone made an easy to use website that does what it promises, so we did.

Hope this can be a help to some of you guys looking for band members or looking to join bands.

www.bandvacancies.com

Any comments/questions welcome.

Cheers

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
On first glance it looks like it could use a section with a little more discussion, it's looking very good and professional, but if people don't find what they are looking for first time they might be deterred from trying again, whereas if you have a section where they can discuss their music more then they might be able to find like minded members easier.

Do you mean like a forum?

Has this been of any help to anyone?

I think its a good idea, especially that it's UK wide. Great too for folk moving city and wanting to get stuck into the local music scene as soon as possible. We are pretty spoiled with this site that you are posting on though, it is a one stop shop for a large chunk of the Aberdeen music scene.

I did a check of Scotland on your site and there are only 3 adverts none of which are for Aberdeen. You probably need to be promoting more from your side. One post on Aberdeen-music a month ago with not much follow up is not going to bring the bandless flocking. If you look around here, people look for members locally on this site already so if you really want them to start using your site too perhaps organising a permanent advertising spot on this site? You'd have to get in touch with the admins for that.

Not sure how useful this post is to you but I like the idea of your site and perhaps this will help spark some discussion and raise the profile a bit.

Also, i'd ask the admins to change the title of the post to something like New band mate location tool/website, when I came past this I thought it was another person looking to form a group. It might also be worth moving it Networking.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. We've taken it all on board and we plan to make some changes. I'd keep on eye on it too, as we're making some big changes in the coming weeks. We'll be adding a few things that I think will take it to the next level and prove to be very popular within the music scene.