aberdeen-music

GFN? presents: CHIEF + SHIELDS UP + ESCAPE TO VICTORY + SHINER @ Moorings, 31/7/10

GFN? presents...

CHIEF (Household Name Records):

Not the folky lot from USA (but hopefully we got your attention). Chief are five young gentlemen from in and around Liverpool that play FAST/FUN/POSITIVE/MUSIC!

"Politically-fuelled, incredibly energetic, raw, fast and loud -- all great foundations for a hardcore punk band; tie that in with Chief's formula and you have something very exciting on your hands. This isn't a band ranting and raving because they're pissed off -- it's frustration with society, politics and the world trying to succeed with a positive message backed up with unique, heavy, hard-hitting music with melodic backing vocals or further frustration through group shouts that, live, take a stranglehold upon everyone to shout along." - Punknews.org CHIEF ::TOUR DATES ADDED :: on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

SHIELDS UP

Postitive hardcore from Edinburgh featuring members of Today We Fight, Bencozine and Taking Chase.

SHIELDS UP on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

ESCAPE TO VICTORY

First gig since February back with a new line-up. In-yer-face positive melodic hardcore punk Escape To Victory on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

SHINER

Excellent HC featuring members of My Minds Weapon, Clearer the Sky and Escape Today SHINER on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

@ The Moorings Bar

Saturday 31st July 2010

8pm til late, 3 entry

over 18s only

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Saturday! Fans of Bad Religion, Pennywise, Sick of It All, H2o, get down to see Chief, one of the UK's finest. They are on the same label that gave us Capdown, Five Knuckle, Adequate 7 etc so you know they will be good.

And if you like those bands, get down early also, for the first Escape to Victory gig in agesss!

Who has left / joined E2V? I had great intentions of coming to this, even wrote about it here: Aberzine: Aberdeen's Music Scene Under The Microscope: Thoughts etc - Shields Up!

Then my mate said it was his birthday and he was having a night out (not in the Moorings), then two of my mates from Inverness said they were coming through and wanted a night out (not in the Moorings).

I'm trying to persuade them all to go to the Moorings...

Who has left / joined E2V? I had great intentions of coming to this, even wrote about it here: Aberzine: Aberdeen's Music Scene Under The Microscope: Thoughts etc - Shields Up!

Then my mate said it was his birthday and he was having a night out (not in the Moorings), then two of my mates from Inverness said they were coming through and wanted a night out (not in the Moorings).

I'm trying to persuade them all to go to the Moorings...

Aww, favourites :O

I remember you once saying that although we were your favourite band you couldn't help thinking that Paul should leave to pursue a more hardcore style to be replaced by Steve from the Hijacks. You should really get everyone to come down. We did this for YOU.