aberdeen-music

Wild Nothing - Gemini

Sam 45

• 1 month later...
I think they're ok, but I'm taken aback at the amount of acclaim they've received.

I guess you've heard the kinda stuff that's informed the album whereas others may not have?

Either way, I think it's an awesome album and I'm disappointed that I was in too bad a mood yesterday to consider going to see them.

I guess you've heard the kinda stuff that's informed the album whereas others may not have?

Either way, I think it's an awesome album and I'm disappointed that I was in too bad a mood yesterday to consider going to see them.

Yeah, very much, I might find some more nuances to appreciate with further listening, but on the surface I find it merely pleasant really.

Guest idol_wild
I haven't even heard of this band. What sort of stuff do they sound like?

They sound like a band I used to really love called For Against.

Really good tuneful dreamy pop stuff. Really energetic live show, which differs from the album more than I expected. In a good way.

But throw in some early New Order, Cocteau Twins, Kitchens of Distinction, and even OMD, and you're close. Some of their stuff reminds me a little of Broken Social Scene, too.

The new 3-track EP is fucking ace.

They sound like a band I used to really love called For Against.

Really good tuneful dreamy pop stuff. Really energetic live show, which differs from the album more than I expected. In a good way.

But throw in some early New Order, Cocteau Twins, Kitchens of Distinction, and even OMD, and you're close. Some of their stuff reminds me a little of Broken Social Scene, too.

The new 3-track EP is fucking ace.

Ha, For Against are also in my 'never heard of them' brain file. The rest of the comparisons sound OK though.

Guest idol_wild
Ha, For Against are also in my 'never heard of them' brain file. The rest of the comparisons sound OK though.

For Against sounded like Dedalus when they comprised of Steven, Rob, Dave and Al.