aberdeen-music

The McAllisters

Marillionboy

The McAllisters were originally travellers that settled in Aberdeen. Also the Murison family which are also quite notorious (particularly Eddie Murison who was known as one of the most violent men in Scotland. He still lives in Aberdeen and is a changed man now). They both settled here around the same time. The McAllisters run Ponda Rosa Metals and are known for their boxing skills. The Murisons own Murisons Commercials. My old flatmate got destroyed with a baseball bat in a video store on Union Grove that we used to both work at for sleeping with a McAllisters girlfriend. They are all extremely friendly until you upset them.

Guest Bob Knob

Lee Mcallister was the singer in my punk band called Urine back in 1996. We done a gig with Kamikaze Core (sp?) and another band which featured Keilan Knight. I've forgotten their name. True Story.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Lee Mcallister was the singer in my punk band called Urine back in 1996. We done a gig with Kamikaze Core (sp?) and another band which featured Keilan Knight. I've forgotten their name. True Story.

You must know my older brother AKA Vince mcNeil. We may have already had this conversation but you've changed your username.

Guest Bob Knob
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You must know my older brother AKA Vince mcNeil. We may have already had this conversation but you've changed your username.

Yep, the guy's a legend as is Gregor :laughing:

Kamikaze Corps. :) That was a great gig, had no idea that was him yelling. Was that when Eradicate were on the go? Sounds about right on the timescale.

:up:

I once went to a house of one of the girls. I worked with her. She was getting ready to go out and started walking about the house in her stockings and underwear. Looked nice enough really. For some reason which I still have no idea for, I did not make a move on her. After about 5-10 minutes of this a knock came to the door and her boyfriend walked in. Lucky escape me thinks. I must say that at the time I did not know who the McAllisters were because I do not come from Aberdeen

My workmate has a good story. He met one in a car park and started talking about their cars (imprezzas) my mate told the guy that his car was rubbish, and just a tarted up standard car etc and challenged him to a race. the guy said he had a better idea and said I'll challenge you to a fight, my mate did not know who he was so said ok and got out his car. He guy got out his car with a baseball bat. Result...mate in ARI.

Being from the Blootoon, it was the same with the Youngsons and the Gardens.

Guest Bob Knob
Kamikaze Corps. :) That was a great gig, had no idea that was him yelling. Was that when Eradicate were on the go? Sounds about right on the timescale.

:up:

Eradicate, yes! :)

Live at the Froghall community centre haha

My workmate has a good story. He met one in a car park and started talking about their cars (imprezzas) my mate told the guy that his car was rubbish, and just a tarted up standard car etc and challenged him to a race. the guy said he had a better idea and said I'll challenge you to a fight, my mate did not know who he was so said ok and got out his car. He guy got out his car with a baseball bat. Result...mate in ARI.

How would that be a good idea whoever it was? What was your mate thinking? Seriously.

I've obviously missed something the past 6 years that I have lived in Aberdeen, but who the hell are the McAllisters?

The Mcallisters are a mythical family that rule Aberdeen. The name is often used by people to strike fear in a potential attacker. i.e. 'I know the Mcallisters'. Nobody knows exactly how many of them there are or what they actually do except pop up in apocryphal tales of unwarranted violence told by dick swinging aberdonians.

Six years in Aberdeen and you've not once heard of the Mcallisters??? I'm quite surprised.

Grammar fail.

Nice one, cheers for that. Although, I believe that the complete sentence you're looking to construct is 'You have failed in your attempt to use grammar correctly'; whereas you have used a sentence fragment.

...anyway, I've heard plenty of stories about family gatherings in a pub, Mafia-style, with Big Daddy McAllister sitting at the head of the table and asking for reports from family members on various criminal activities. This came from a guy who used to baby-sit for one of the kids and had to look after her when they had these meetings.

Not that I'm saying the story's true in any way though! Actually, I know one of them works in Morrisons. Perhaps John W can enlighten us more?!

• Upvote 1