aberdeen-music

The McAllisters

Marillionboy

Although from Bucksburn I had friends from St Macher. When we all started drinking at Stewart park at the weekends I remember a cheeky little shite trying to snatch my cider (yum!!) from me. Politely told him to fuck off, after he wouldn't and kicked my shin I clouted the little shites ear and it turned out he was a mcallister (or a cousin or something). Cue us all shiting ourselves for months.

When even younger (6 or 7?) one of them stole my bike from my younger brother who had borrowed it. I remember going to their door and informing their dad or whoever it was what had happened. After a couple of minutes wait a young lad a bit bigger than me came steaming out the house and attacked me. Was pretty sare! can't remember much else but I got my bike back - yay! I remember being told not to go to their door ever again.

I almost landed up in a fight with someone claiming to be a McAllister, but I doubt it was actually one. This was six years ago, when I used to flyer on Belmont Street. Basically these two dicks walk past a kid that had clearly just been at a gig in Kef (he was eating a fresh bought pizza). One of the dicks kicks it out the kid's hand and then calls him a, "Fookin' Goth", which for some reason caused me to completely flip. I went up to guy asking him if he thought he was funny and if he was going to buy the kid a new pizza. He then begins to threaten me and I ask him if he's actually going to fight a girl over what was essentially bullying a child. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the rough a fuck looking woman appear behind them and I basically got a, 'I won't but she will... she's a McAllister'. They clocked that I was working and said they were coming back for me.

Thankfully at the time, I basically lived on Union Street, so I just ran to my flat and changed my clothes for the sake of caution and kept my head down for the rest of the night.

Good times.

What lovely people. Respect to you though for standing up for the pizzaless kid. Reminds me of a time years ago when I was on the tube opposite this Chinese kid of about 18 who was in a suit, and had clearly just been at an interview for a job or Uni or somerthign. These kids were shouting racist abuse at him and everyone on the train was ignoring them. I told them to leave him alone which they then did, and when I went to get off the train one of them tried to trip me up. We got into an argument with me by now on the platform, then he started calling me a c*** and without thinking I shouted "watch your fucking mouth." I didnt realise until a few seconds later how daft that must have sounded.

Mind you, I also once saw an old lady being throttled by a young guy who was trying to simultaneously grab her bag. I stepped in, and after leading her away I suggested she went to the police, and she then said "no point, that was my son."

What lovely people. Respect to you though for standing up for the pizzaless kid. Reminds me of a time years ago when I was on the tube opposite this Chinese kid of about 18 who was in a suit, and had clearly just been at an interview for a job or Uni or somerthign. These kids were shouting racist abuse at him and everyone on the train was ignoring them. I told them to leave him alone which they then did, and when I went to get off the train one of them tried to trip me up. We got into an argument with me by now on the platform, then he started calling me a c*** and without thinking I shouted "watch your fucking mouth." I didnt realise until a few seconds later how daft that must have sounded.

You have a Scottish accent though? That automatically makes you sound mental and totally hard to English people.

It's the Begbie effect.

You have a Scottish accent though? That automatically makes you sound mental and totally hard to English people.

It's the Begbie effect.

As those who know me will verify, my Scots accent is pretty faint having spent as many years living down sarf as up here. Oddly enough though when I shout I tend to shout more Scottishly, so I probably did on that occasion. So that could explain why no one laughed when I said it!

As those who know me will verify, my Scots accent is pretty faint having spent as many years living down sarf as up here. Oddly enough though when I shout I tend to shout more Scottishly, so I probably did on that occasion. So that could explain why no one laughed when I said it!

You have a Scottish accent about as much as I do which means not really ;)

You have a Scottish accent about as much as I do which means not really ;)

Oh you are too hard on yourself Stu, you do have one. Just because you don't sound like you live in Logie doesn't mean you sound like Brian Sewell either! A refined accent. The test is how one says the word Marillion.

Oh you are too hard on yourself Stu, you do have one. Just because you don't sound like you live in Logie doesn't mean you sound like Brian Sewell either! A refined accent. The test is how one says the word Marillion.

Hey! I live in logie as does fatboy. :nono:

Hey! I live in logie as does fatboy. :nono:

Sucks being you.

Back on topic (sort of), I can confirm that you do indeed have a Scottish accent Stuart, and you are scary when you speak (but that's only because you're normally going on about how great Dido is).

• 7 months later...