aberdeen-music

The McAllisters

Marillionboy

Its just a name, if someone says to you i'm a mcallister wouldn't you automatically assume that they were lying to talk themselves high? Anyone who uses a family name in that way is a retard.

Are there any more dodgy family names around the Aberdeen area, i heard something once about the family who ran dirty steves and a family which owned a panda rosa metals?

Ugh.

My Mum's family are glaswegian McAllisters and totally unrelated to these lot. Unfortunately, neds whose Dads' had stories about the Aberdonian family would beat up my cousins for having the surname. Bad stuff.

Former Dons left-back Jamie McAllister used to get abuse whenever he would go out in town for teh same reason. Oh no, wait, it was because he was pish.

I went to school with a few of the younger ones. All nice enough guys on the face of it, although there is plenty of horror stories going round that would make anyone a bit wary.

I've got a great McAllister story that involves gate-crashing a McAllister family BBQ and re-enacting scenes from Snow White under orders from the Aberdeen Assassin himself. Weird night.

I regularly remember people yelling out to bouncers who had turfed them out of clubs "I know the McAllisters!"

Back in the early 90s an ex girlfriend said her housemate was going out with a lad who ran errands for the McAllisters. He's done something to offend them and done a runner, and she found herself bundled into a car on her way home one night by them asking where he was.

The story I always loved, but really don't know if it's true though, was a mate of mine who told me he was in the Sherriff Court one day and a pisshead he knew was there awaiting trial. He'd run someone over when pished, and was hoping he was gonna get a hefty sentence cos the person he'd run over was the McAllisters' Grandad.