aberdeen-music

imp: The Low Anthem + support @ The Tunnels, 29 August

I honestly cannot recall a time when I've left a gig feeling so excited. It was amazing last night!

For the majority of the Mountain Man set I had shivers down my spine.

As for The Low Anthem - WOW! It was just so beautiful. I loved the way the clarinet player got up onto her tip toes when she was playing, just flowing with the music.

I thought the audience were very good barring that one nutter.

Thanks for a great gig imp! :up:

That nutjob was the band's favourite moment. They liked that a lot. I wish I could remember what he said apart from starting with FUCK...

The zoomer started with FUCK JESUS! What a dick. I tell you, Atheists are the new Christians, with their constant need to impose their (lack of) beliefs on everyone.

Unbelievable gig. Just brilliant.

Was the nutter the boy with long hair?, hes been at a couple of our gigs and I saw him walk outside my work shouting " FUCK ALAH, FUCK YOUR GODS"

I just knew that that song would provoke a reaction @ the end we just pished ourselves laughing "very quietly" a highlight apart from the magnificent Mountain Man who loved their pants rider....(don't ask)

Was the nutter the boy with long hair?, hes been at a couple of our gigs and I saw him walk outside my work shouting " FUCK ALAH, FUCK YOUR GODS"

It's a total pet hate of mine. No one asked for his opinion; he just sounds like a tabloid with his ridiculous, sensationalist garbage that he spouts with the sole intention of offending people. In the same way that I hate having religion shoved down my throat so to speak, I have the same problem with atheism.

And it's not as if the band were preaching either; they just used some religious imagery in their scene-setting.

It's a total pet hate of mine. No one asked for his opinion; he just sounds like a tabloid with his ridiculous, sensationalist garbage that he spouts with the sole intention of offending people. In the same way that I hate having religion shoved down my throat so to speak, I have the same problem with atheism.

And it's not as if the band were preaching either; they just used some religious imagery in their scene-setting.

The superb irony of Charlie Darwin being the next song was just sublime

I thought it was more .. "FUCK JESUS?" as the song was about "washing yourself in the sins of the lord" - he must have taken exception to that idea... i found it very amusing...

excelllent gig. I cant decide if I liked the louder songs or the quieter songs best...

Yeah, but he said more than that. Must track down copy of recording.

Quiet songs for me.