aberdeen-music

Wimbledon 2010

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Was it like 70-68 in the end? Sure I saw that somewhere. Crazy score regardless... I'm sure the previous record was in the 20s!

As for settling it earlier, as far as i'm aware, the players will be given the option fairly esrly to go to tie-break. It's always the players choice though.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Tie break in the first set between Sharipova and Williams. 2 unconverted set points from Sharipova and 1 unconverted by Williams...

Watching the Djovokic/Hewitt match. Djokovic's breathing is incredible. That's a sentence I never thought I'd say. It sounds like there's a microphone in his throat and that he's running a marathon.

Pretty good game though. Looking forward to the Murray/Querrey game!

Guest Gladstone

First set Williams. Bastard. For red blooded male reasons, I want Sharapova to win.

Guest Gladstone

Fuck. Federer's down 2 sets to 1!

Guest Gladstone

Fed's out!

Guest Gladstone

Murray came through another tough test as did Nadal (tougher opponent for Nadal on paper at least).

Tsonga is a beast but inconsistent. Murray showed he has a bit more about him this year by nicking that second tie-break. He would have lost that a year ago and probably still won the match in 5 sets and been totally fucked going into the semi.

Should be a belter of a match on Friday and in off work so I'll see it! Bonus.

Hurray rhymes with Murray rhymes with Surrey, everything takes a backseat when there's a rhyming (I'm not saying it's good rhyming) Sun headline to be shoehorned in. Also, that's where he lives so that's where he's from. It's stupid but it's not worth getting worked up about.

I'm hoping his match against Nadal tomorrow is second on Centre Court after Djoko v Berdych so I don't miss too much of it sat at work.

Guest Gladstone

Jesus. I can't believe it says "Murray has lifted England".

That's taking it a bit far - I don't mind them saying he's British because he is and he represents Britain in tennis tournaments, but they can't claim him as English.

And to think I was actually supporting England at the World Cup...

I'm outraged.

Guest Gladstone

I'm kidding by the way. I don't actually care. It's quite pathetic really.

Saying that, if he lived in London, this story would never have made the paper because London doesn't rhyme with Murray.