aberdeen-music

duthie park kickabout

Since 2000 the Red Ultras have hosted a popular football tournament, attended by groups of Aberdeen fans from all over Scotland. It was played in the Pittodrie carpark as the Council felt hostile towards any sort of organised fan activity and continually refused the group permission, so the gravel it was. This year the organisers have been informed, that they cannot hold it in the car park for insurance reason;, and the city council has been hostile to any approach about holding it on public land.

Do we really need permission to have some fun and play football?

Lets meet in duthie park for a kick about.

Lets use the grass at the park before the council decides that we no longer need it and could do with another car park, this time the size of Manhattan.

Since 2000 the Red Ultras have hosted a popular football tournament, attended by groups of Aberdeen fans from all over Scotland. It was played in the Pittodrie carpark as the Council felt hostile towards any sort of organised fan activity and continually refused the group permission, so the gravel it was. This year the organisers have been informed, that they cannot hold it in the car park for insurance reason;, and the city council has been hostile to any approach about holding it on public land.

Do we really need permission to have some fun and play football?

Lets meet in duthie park for a kick about.

Lets use the grass at the park before the council decides that we no longer need it and could do with another car park, this time the size of Manhattan.

Nope, the council WILL kick you off. The World has gone health & safety crazy and they claim they canna let folk kick-a-bout for insurance purposes or some shite like at... I can see Duthie Park fae my hoose, I'll keep an eye oot for the manny.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Duthie Park yesterday and there was a bunch of lads playing limmies. There were two parkies going around and nobody told them to stop. One of them kicked the ball near me by accident and I passed it back with the most beautiful, sweet, accurate pass you've ever seen, landed right at the guys feet, I was very proud because normally it would have ended up behind me or something.