aberdeen-music

graphic and web designers, help. photographers too.

framheim

ok, i'm going slowly mental. I want to change my galleries on the front page of my website so that people can buy a print as they view the images. The easiest way to do this is probably to get a gallery which integrates with paypal and wordpress. I'm pretty skint so it needs to be cheap and easy for me to do myself, but still look pretty slick.

Portfolio for David Officer Photography « David Officer Photography

Am i hoping for too much? Photoshelter seems to offer all this but is well out of my price range.

If I can't get this myself would it be something a web designer can do and how much would it cost?

I really like using wordpress because I can update everything myself and slideshow pro/slidepress is really easy to update but unfortunately means people can't buy prints and as apple continue to diss flash i think i need to get away from having a flash powered portfolio.

any help or advice is greatly appreciated, i've been looking into this for days to no avail.

I'm a part time web designer and I had a look at your site. Wordpress is fine for the likes of blogging and such but for what you're after you would be better with a Joomla based site. Joomla is a content management system similar to Wordpress but has many different templates and add-ons. One of these add-ons is a shopping basket and easy sell system. This way your customers can just add the prints to the cart and stay on your site. I'd happily give you a quote if you are interested.

Check out my website:

cre-a-tive.co.uk

I'm a part time web designer and I had a look at your site. Wordpress is fine for the likes of blogging and such but for what you're after you would be better with a Joomla based site. Joomla is a content management system similar to Wordpress but has many different templates and add-ons. One of these add-ons is a shopping basket and easy sell system. This way your customers can just add the prints to the cart and stay on your site. I'd happily give you a quote if you are interested.

Check out my website:

cre-a-tive.co.uk

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out your site tonight.

I dabbled with joomla before and actually reinstalled it at the weekend to see if it would work better. I think you're right. I'm working on a rough joomla site just now to see if I can get to grips with it, should I fail then ill be looking for quotes.