aberdeen-music

Fostex MR8HD/CD for sale

URINE_FLIGHT_PLAN

Hi,

I'm selling my little digital 8-track, Its not really getting much use.

MR-8HD/CD - 8 Track Digital Multitracker with HD and CD-RW

reckon about 150-200 is a decent price. Also comes with a handy wee carry bag so you look all professional with it, no clip on ponytail though- you can get them from a joke shop.

I'm also looking to get rid of an old analogue Fostex reel to reel 8 track, but I'll have to get some info together on that one, and find it- I'm quite the loose cannon and know it's in the house somewhere.

SYLYBOC.

Regarding the R8 ( reel to reel), I'll post some more details once I find it, allthough if memory serves it will be on a spares or repair basis- think it was very tempremental, so thats why I stopped using it. I'll post pics etc later.

Naebody Interested in the chintzy Digital 8 track?- it's going on e-bay anyhow, just thought I'd try it on here first..

I am after a digital 8 track, but sadly a bit short of cash at the moment. Er.... I'll get in touch in a week or so after I've been paid and see if you still have it.

cool, I'm nae planning on putting it on ebay for a week or so- or untill I get an old analogue four track. So give us a shout. Could even take longer, I'm seeing that the old casette 4-tracks are getting quite sought after....

cool, I'm nae planning on putting it on ebay for a week or so- or untill I get an old analogue four track. So give us a shout. Could even take longer, I'm seeing that the old casette 4-tracks are getting quite sought after....

Hi,

What's the general condition of the Fostex?

GIRFUY

Sounds like your reel-to-reel went the same way as mine...I gave it to Shawn the Ox, and he gave it (I think) to Cavern Mike.....it took a few hours for a few channels to warm up and start working, and then there was an envelope of about 2 hours before the other channels started going down :laughing:

Still.as mentioned before, the sound was great.

I've still got an early stereo Revox which occasionally comes out of retirement.

Sounds like your reel-to-reel went the same way as mine...I gave it to Shawn the Ox, and he gave it (I think) to Cavern Mike.....it took a few hours for a few channels to warm up and start working, and then there was an envelope of about 2 hours before the other channels started going down :laughing:

Still.as mentioned before, the sound was great.

I've still got an early stereo Revox which occasionally comes out of retirement.

I did a heap of stuff on me R8, loved it for a while, sounded great- kinda like "proper" recording...but it was just too long on the set up for a one bedroom flat. Likewise now I have the room but bairns dont give you much time so I'm looking for a quick grotty solution!

I'm going back to 4-track, and casettes- it might be nostalgia, but I get fuck all done with digital- too many options. Want to go back to filling C90's like a diary and having a sit down every 6 months and sifting...make a cdr and a cover and feel happy!

did Shawn do the Eric Euan stuff on them- those couple of EP's were great sounding records....

Hi,

What's the general condition of the Fostex?

GIRFUY

which one?

Fostex Digital is mint. Big hard drive with CD writing, phantom power and option to dump wav. files to PC for endless twatting.=nearly new with bag. Great for getting perspective on band rehearsals, and working out stuff at home.Might throw in a cheap condenser ADK mic for lucky cause I like his band...( for full 200!) but it's pretty much as I got it.

Fostex R8, powers up, lights go on, reel transport functions- thats about it. No tape to test, and no inclination- spares or repair is what I would list it as on e-bay just to be sure....

GIRFUY= sounds a bit like that old favourite "Man cuddling " to me....

GIRFUY= sounds a bit like that old favourite "Man cuddling " to me....

Well now, I reckoned your SYLYBOC was an acronym for "See You Later You Bunch Of Cunts"

So...

I thought I'd sign off with the good old Weedgie fave "Get It Right Fuckin Up Ye"

I was referring to the digital one and am very interested.