aberdeen-music

New Band, Empire

Guffer09

Hey,

New band "Empire" based in Aberdeen have recently uploaded some tunes onto the following link...

Empire | Facebook

There are more in progress at the moment.

Any feedback, go for it.

Also currently looking for rhthym and lead guitarists to join in the near future.

Had a lot of interest to date, looking to hold auditions soon...

:up: x

Had a listen to this now. The recordings sound slick but it's all a bit middle of the road for me music wise. There has obviously been a lot of effort gone in to them though, not many groups getting that kind of recording in Aberdeen. So my verdict - high sheen production but could really do with having more grit and soul to it, for me the dynamics are either not there or perhaps lost in the production. I'm sure there are plenty folk out there who that would hit the spot for though, it's got a commercial feel about it.

I think I'd need to hear the music live to have a proper opinion on your band though, from the type of recording I think you'd actually sound a little different live (better).

Just had a listen, and I agree with most of the above. It seems a little emotionless for me, but again that might be the production. I have to be honest and say that it's not something I would listen to normally, but I appreciate it's very well produced. That whole genre leaves me a little cold though, so I'd guess that I'm not the target audience!

I couldnt agree more with both of you, that was exactly my thoughts.

Dynamics are non existant as it has been over produced to the max.

Keep that to yourself though... the lead singer / song writter would go ape shit.

As for playing live, hopefully thats when the songs actually become real with some feeling to them.

Going to be hard, if not impossible to duplicate to the standard what can be heard on the tracks, maybe shot ourselves in the foot.

In my opinion, vocals seem a bit continuous and monotone...?

I do like the songs though, very commercial and there are two new ones which have gone in a different direction which actually sound achievable live.

x

Keep that to yourself though... the lead singer / song writter would go ape shit.

Hopefully he doesn't have the internet then!

I could imagine hearing the recordings as they are being played on commercial radio without sounding out of place. Impossible to say how they will sound live because it depends on how well you can play!!!

Erm, might just have to delete this then.... haha, Hope Ocean Colour Scene goes well tonight x

I've seen worse reviews than that! Going to have to face tough criticism wherever you place your music away from folk who are directly attracted to it.

My first reaction was that it was a bit American Idol and then thought, that is a huge market if you can get it and perhaps that's the aim. Lots of people aim for that really smooth produced sound and when done well sounds great but in my opinion, the production shouldn't obliterate the dynamics of a track. I think that is the immediate problem as it bores the ear.

Will listen to the other ones when they go up though. It's wrong to give feedback and not see or check to see if there is development from the initial impression. Been in bands that have suffered from first impressions before.

I've seen worse reviews than that! Going to have to face tough criticism wherever you place your music away from folk who are directly attracted to it.

My first reaction was that it was a bit American Idol and then thought, that is a huge market if you can get it and perhaps that's the aim. Lots of people aim for that really smooth produced sound and when done well sounds great but in my opinion, the production shouldn't obliterate the dynamics of a track. I think that is the immediate problem as it bores the ear.

Will listen to the other ones when they go up though. It's wrong to give feedback and not see or check to see if there is development from the initial impression. Been in bands that have suffered from first impressions before.

and think he was meaning deleting the post incase the singer see's it and beats the shit out of him.

I think the feedback has been pretty good overall to be honest. Constructive critisim opposed to normal "this is shite" etc you sometimes get on here.

I think with a wee break there is market for this type of music.

This is not for me at all I'm afraid. Too soft and too squeaky-clean, it sounds like Maroon 5 with Ronan Keating on vocals. I thought the song "Crashing Down" was quite good, but I find the rest of them a bit boring and lifeless. Sorry. Don't listen to me anyway, even I don't care about my opinion.

Great production though. Where did you record?

Well recorded but sounds like the stuff that used to endlessly be on VH1 when I worked offshore. This means the sort of thing 40/50 year olds can snooze along to. They used to think MTV was a bit rowdy, because that sometimes played Eminem.

It would appeal to people who think they are edgy for buying the latest Biffy Clyro or Foo Fighters.

When does that ever happen? The complete opposite happens! Remember The 'Speed? I'm never going to post my tunes here because i have no social skills and will not be able to trust what anyone tells me about it...

I once said something along those lines about 'Beats of Rage'. My bad. It really was bad though.