aberdeen-music

Frank McAveety

I love this story:

Gaffe-prone Glasgow MSP Frank McAveety has resigned as convener of Holyroods Public Petitions Committee after being caught making laddish remarks.

McAveety, who represents Shettleston, quit yesterday saying he regretted any offence comments he made about a young woman observing the committee on Wednesday may have caused.

His remarks were broadcast by Holyroods own television service during a meeting monitored by journalists and which is also accessible on the internet.

He was caught during a short break between petitions whispering to an official: Theres a very attractive girl in the second row, dark and dusky. Well maybe put out a wee word out for her.

Shes very attractive looking. Nice, very nice, very slim. The heats getting to me.

Shes got that Filipino look, you know. The kind you would see in a Gauguin painting. Theres a wee bit of culture.

Yes, referencing a 19th century post-impressionist artist. How laddish.

Yes he was a dumb ass for getting caught out on mic but then people in much higher positions have been caught out in similar fashion

What I find most disgusting is todays FRONT PAGE NEWS in The Scum that she is a schoolgirl and inplyinmg that he is some sort of predatory monster for fecks sake, its not like she was sitting in uniform was it?