aberdeen-music

5FD debut!!!

Aileen

pretty good show i reckon, for a first gig!

wasnt too keen on the sound levels, too much drum and bass, couldnt really hear the guitars at all but lack of sound check may be the culprit i suspect!

loved the fresh prince track!! not sure about the no doubt cover, drummer straining a little? she seemed kinda awkward looking, nae bad though!

never knew ruariadh (sp?) begg was in this band, sorry to steal his limelight but the guy's dad is a frickin legend!! rock on mufassa!!!!!!!

anyway, good effort all round guys, decent crowd, good support, hope you enjoyed your first gig

aileen x

Guest scott cs.

wow, thanks Aileen, and Kirk for putting us on. we didn't have a soundcheck, so we didn't really know what it was going to sound like out front. i couldn't work the bass amp either :dunce: no one was really happy about doing covers but things happened meaning we didn't get a chance to learn some of our own ones. i think we have about 10 waiting to be worked on. the Fresh Prince cover is fun, we weren't sure if people were going to get it, but it seemed to go across well. you have Dane to thank for that. we were all pretty nervous right before we went on, but i think we did not bad. it's so wierd going to Drakes to see other bands play and then last night me and the rest of the guys were up there playing our tunes. i've written enough now. thanks again!

I was quite impressed with 5FD's efforts. There was rarely any mistakes at all. You can obviously tell that their influenced by Captain Everything a lot. I wasnt too keen on the vocals though I reckon that ruari(i take it he was the main singer judging by his sainsburies badge) should try and improve on his voice and more harmonising with the other vocals would be neat too. It was a shame that you could barely hear the second guitar because you could tell there was some sweet melodies coming out. The second guitarist put great ammount of energy in the songs and reckon the others should to. Like kirk said less covers a would be good but nevertheless it was a good first gig and showed potential:).

Guest scott cs.

dude, thats SOME compliment, thanks! i'm liking the constructive critsicm from Camie, cheers dude. still waiting for someone to just say we were shit.

does anyone know if anyone took pictures? if so, it would be cool if you could send them to Scott_5FD@hotmail.com :up:

Guest Salty

I took one picture, i might not be too good cos =ShaunF= had his head right in front of Ruari, it should be ok though, atleast it looks as though you've got a big crowd! Twas an amazing first gig, i may be sligthly biased but nevertheless 5FD do indeed rock. I must disagree with the comment that just a girl wasnt too good, i thougth Dee did really well considering she's stuck up there at the back and she doesnt like doing the song. Pity there was no sound check though, could have really done with one so you could hear Dane properly but hey theres plenty more gigs to prove your worth again.

Thanks for all the feedback. It's really appreciated. In general i am really happy with the way it went. It was a lot better than i expected. As scott explained the covers are more a matter of circumstance than being how we wanted it to go. Hopefully next time we will have more original stuff to play. The lack of a soundcheck was obviously a problem (also made it scarier not knowing what it would sound like). But at least now we can bear it in mind for next time and hopefully improve. In response to camie, in my opinion the general lack of guitar made the vocal sound too loud and disjointed from the music, but at the end of the day, if you didnt like the vocal, u didn't like the vocal. Good constructive criticism though. Thanks. :up:

Couldn't be helped though. maybe if we'd spent a little more time trying out the levels before we actually played. i mean the mics were pretty much set as standard (i.e one lead and 2 backing) so they weren't manipulated to fit with the rest of the sound. maybe if they'd been turned down a bit the guitars wouldnt have sounded so bad. I dunno...i dont really know anything about it. Nevermind though...

I thought the No Pints were ace, as usual!

5 Finger Discount kicked butt for their first gig, I had no idea what they would sound like and I was pleasantly surprised...I didnt know Ruari sang too which was a bonus!

Unfortunately missed the Dangerfields which sucked cus they're a great band. But the 3rd band of the night (forgotten their name) were awesome! Brilliant songs and they were altogether a rocking band :up:

Guest scott cs.

their's a No Pints song i really like, i can't remember what it's called but has the line 'all i want is you and me girl'. i think thats a really good tune.

i can't believe how good the response has been, it means so much that people on here and at the gig took the time out to say that they liked what they heard, makes it all worthwhile.

their's a No Pints song i really like' date=' i can't remember what it's called but has the line 'all i want is you and me girl'. i think thats a really good tune.

i can't believe how good the response has been, it means so much that people on here and at the gig took the time out to say that they liked what they heard, makes it all worthwhile.[/quote']

that cud be "you and me"...it'd make sense but it could also be "halfway there"...i dont any of andys lyrics cept Tarrant, tarrant, tarrat...etc lol

Guest scott cs.

Dee is a fuckin' awesome drummer, she played so good on Thursday, we love her to pieces.

were you the barman? if so, i spoke to you while buying a beer, your compliments were really aprreciated.

as for the next gig, dunno yet, hopefully in the next few weeks depending on people coming/going on holiday and stuff. we should have our cd done by then tho.

aaww kirkt u were so cute onstage i just wanted to run up and give u a wee cuddle!! dunno why' date=' impulse thing, heehee, stop apologising for stuff!![/quote']

:O lol

'opefully 5FD are gonna be playin another of my nights on 11th August with 3 Times Round and OCD, waitin for em to confirm