aberdeen-music

Bridge Grub Screws

Cabbage

Hi, I'm after a top tip for securing all the grub screws in a guitar's bridge, the ones for adjusting the action. I've lost screws out of one of my basses already and I keep having to re-tighten another bass. It appears that I can't tighten both sufficiently as if I tighten one up this takes the tension of the other and allows it to then rattle free. :swearing:

I cant be the only one with this problem surely?

Hi, I'm after a top tip for securing all the grub screws in a guitar's bridge, the ones for adjusting the action. I've lost screws out of one of my basses already and I keep having to re-tighten another bass. It appears that I can't tighten both sufficiently as if I tighten one up this takes the tension of the other and allows it to then rattle free. :swearing:

I cant be the only one with this problem surely?

I can't say I've ever had this happen to me. Keep the saddles level? There has to be a sweet spot where they're both under some semblance of tension.

What kind of bass/bridge are we talking here?

Its happened on two different basses, both had fairly standard non-through body bridges with two screws on each saddle for action and one long intonation adjusting screw. One was a budget Washburn the other a Burns London thing. I replaced the burns bridge for a for a Schaller bass bridge as it also had issues with the ball ends jamming and string spacing but I still have to re-tighten it now and then.

I'm pretty certain is something I'm doing as I'm the only common factor!