aberdeen-music

So who went to rockness?

jf9tp2wd40

Copied from Facebook...

Friday: Booka Shade - nae bad, only got "movements" so didn't know alot of the tunes, Random massive black MCing over drum and bass outside in the Rizla tent was possibly the best guilty please I've ever experienced! Friendly Fires - Shit (why do they have such a big following?), Fatboy Slim - hit or miss, left towards the end to get weird in the tent

Saturday: Boysnoize - can't listen to his album at all but he always puts on a good show,

Soulwax - not the best I've seen them set-wise but still amazing, Green Velvet - Amazing.

Sunday: Slept in and missed the X-Certs, FUCK, sorry guys. Vitalic - Amazing and finally, I never thought I'd say this but Dave "moany face" Clarke was the highlight of the weeked, fucking pumped it, I swear I even saw him smile at the end. After - About 30 people in in our 12 man tent = drink spillage mania.

Forgot about Jesse Rose, was also a beast. Struggling to keep eyes open now. Must... Stay... Awake...

I went to see:

Friday:

Booka Shade, Fatboy Slim, High Contrast, Benga

Saturday:

Boys Noize, 2manydjs, Aphex Twin, Leftfield, Martyn

Sunday:

Japanese Popstars, Bloody Beetroots, Vitalic, Soulwax, then some of The Strokes, Dave Clarke and whoever was headlining the Soulwax tent.

Most excellent weekend. 2manydjs were the highlight for me followed by Aphex Twin and then High Contrast.

Can posters in this thread please stick to discussing Rock Ness, and not abusing other board members.

The next person who falls foul of this will have a bendy straw shoved up their penis as punishment. Or their posts deleted and an ticking off. It depends on if it's me or Frosty Jack who sees it first.

As you were.

Heh heh, true. But there was a time he just about got away with it.

I saw him twice in pretty quick succession around the time of 'Golden Greats', at the Glasgow Barrowlands and Aberdeen Music Hall and he was OK both times.

At the AECC several years ago however it was pish, as was TITP around the same time.

I like Ian Brown though, just wouldn't pay to see him live again.