aberdeen-music

Vote Velvet Audio

Lustnotlove

Can we close this thread?

It strikes me that this band has never contributed to these forums in any way so to turn up out of the blue and ask us all to give our e-mail addresses to a mobile phone network who would probably spam us all for the rest of our lives in the name of voting for them in a notorious 'battle of the bands' type-competition is the height of bad manners.

I'd have probably overlooked all of this if the request for our time and votes had been made with any grace, humour or charm whatsoever but it's been a totally half-arsed attempt that wasn't made in accordance with forum rules and is looking as though it will never be followed up.

This makes me believe that the band have no respect or consideration for anyone here.

They may be local but this is SPAM.

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Calm down Bob - you make it out as if these forums are a place of high morals and etiquette, when we all know they're really not...

Velvet Audio is a cracking young band from Peterhead - they don't play very often in Aberdeen due to a ban from Drummonds and Tunnels mainly but also because they're drummer I think has only recently turned 16 so it wasn't easy to get gigs due to over 18 rules. But I've seen them a few times playing at places such as Lemon Tree, Wizard Festival, Peterhead etc and they're really good.

Not everyone who's in a local band spends their life posting on forums so they probably just don't know how they're expected to post etc. They'll just be looking to post the info in as many places as possible to generate as much support as possible. Simples.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

they're drummer I think has only recently turned 16 so it wasn't easy to get gigs due to over 18 rules.

That boy is a ridiculously good drummer. I remember playing a gig at the Lemon Tree with them a couple of years ago and you couldn't even see him behind his kit. All you could see was a flash of sticks followed by a noise akin to Animal from the muppets.

Guest Giles Walker
To be honest I was in a bit of a shit mood yesterday and got carried away.

Sorry about that.

Too late for sorry Robert Knight, we will all remember what you have done here...

• 4 weeks later...