aberdeen-music

Tattoo Man

Marillionboy

I think there was a thread about this a few years back but I can't find it and may be mistaken. Anyway, my girlfriend and I watched a very sinister little film last night, Mark of the Devil, about a man who robs a tattooist who is into voodoo, and murders him, and then finds a tattoo depicting the murder spreading across his whole body and face.

It got me thinking about that guy we used to call Tattoo Man who I always used to see around George Street, though I think he lived in Jute Street, who had his whole face tattooed and the rumour was his whole body as well. He used to scare the living shit out of me and apparently didn't like being stared at. A mate told me they once saw him in the Sherriff Court charged with assault and his reason was because the guy had been staring at him, to which the Sherriff quipped "what on earth do you expect?"

Is he still seen around? Anyone know who he is? I always wondered what job he managed to get looking like that!

I remember seeing that guy in Drummonds sometimes. I've a feeling there was another, 'spider's web' face fella as well.

The nearest I've ever got to getting a tattoo was putting the old 'transfers' you used to get in lucky-bags on my arms when I was wee.

God I'd forgotten about those! You're right, there was a spider's web fella too, I think he may have been the younger brother.

It got me thinking about that guy we used to call Tattoo Man who I always used to see around George Street, though I think he lived in Jute Street, who had his whole face tattooed and the rumour was his whole body as well. He used to scare the living shit out of me and apparently didn't like being stared at. A mate told me they once saw him in the Sherriff Court charged with assault and his reason was because the guy had been staring at him, to which the Sherriff quipped "what on earth do you expect?"

Remember reading about that in the paper and saw him on George Street not long after. You can't help but do a double take when you see him. The judge is righ. It's like women in skimpy outfits complaining when blokes have an ogle.

I forgot about him! I used to occasionally see him around Rosemount/Berryden areas and the last time was probably just over a year ago when he was getting refused at the Rosemount bar. Looks like he had been up to mischief previously. Can't for the life of me think how the barman recognised him mind you.

Short for Matthew, I believe.

Mine of information, me...:D

:up:

Sounds like a cockney variant on it! I just remembered now, the first time I ever saw him was turning the corner from George Street into Hutcheon St and he came round the corner on the pavement pushing a bicycle. It knopcked into me, I looked up to say something like "ouch" and nearly shit myself.

• 10 years later...

Yeah his name was Maff, cockney Matthew, he did get steaming/pissed often. I lived with him on George street in a flat owned by the McAllister family.  Jumped around all those places already mentioned in this thread 

his friend ‘Spider-Man’ was a great guy and always had best drugs. 

spiderman appeared calm and gentle compared to Maff who was always angry, shouting and causing grief 

but Maff was a wee fanny, but Spider-Man was lethal.

Maff he had ‘Aberdeen boot boys’ tattooed on his forehead 

was a mixed up guy 

I don’t know how the fuck I survived the 90’s. 

We would fight everyday with someone simply cause Maff hated being stared at 

ha! Vicious circle but it was kinda fun as well 

I was chasing my next hit of smack and crack while jumping about with tattoo man, fighting everyone and running about like a lunatic 

don’t really give a fuck if you believe me or care but my life made trainspotting look like Mary poppins, seriously 

fucking full on non stop head fuck