aberdeen-music

Big Brother

ickle fairy

Mostly I found the contestant entirely disagreeable. I don't think I'm going to like anyone.

11 series in and the people who make Big Brother still haven't grasped two basic principles:

1 - To make a TV show succesful, there has to be likeable characters, people the viewers can relate to. People will not watch a program where everyone in it is a self-obsessed attention-seeking smug tosser.

2 - Viewers liked Big Brother when it was just 12 people in a house, with one getting kicked out every Friday. All the shit with secret tasks, secret houses next door, evicted housemates going back in, people joining in halfway through the series etc. just confuses and annoys people and makes them switch off. Ever notice how people who join in halfway through the series invariably get kicked off almost immediately?

There was a third one but I've forgotten it.

Reason 3: It's shite and it's target Market is braindead drongos who clearly have nothing better in their life then to watch big brother and then the following day you can open up the scum or the daily farce to read about the same inane,incoherent non thinking zombies. Davina McCall is a cunt and deserves testicular cancer.

It started off as an experiment all those those years ago which was pretty cool for a while I guess as it was a new thing, but it lost all meaning and became meaningless and disposable crap for idiots ... Much like Kerry Katona and that stupid bitch that got what was coming to her ... Jade Goody!!

Please move this to Pet Hates.

In short, GET-A-LIFE.

• Upvote 3

Much like Kerry Katona and that stupid bitch that got what was coming to her ... Jade Goody!!

At least it will be a comfort to her two young, motherless children to know that despite the fact their mum died of cervical cancer before she even reached 30, she 'got what was coming to her'.

Christ, it's only a gameshow.

Reason 3: It's shite and it's target Market is braindead drongos who clearly have nothing better in their life then to watch big brother and then the following day you can open up the scum or the daily farce to read about the same inane,incoherent non thinking zombies. Davina McCall is a cunt and deserves testicular cancer.

It started off as an experiment all those those years ago which was pretty cool for a while I guess as it was a new thing, but it lost all meaning and became meaningless and disposable crap for idiots.

In short, GET-A-LIFE.

Spoken for truth - have some rep sir.

Davina McCall is a cunt and deserves testicular cancer.

There is so much going on in that sentence I can't even begin to know where to start....

I think Lucky Rathen kind of summed it up for me.

I got home from band practice last night and teh missus had it on to see what kind of ne'er-do-wells were on it this year. I saw the flash up of each individual. I think I wanted to punch every one of them. And that was without even hearing them talk.

I won't be watching. Same as the past however many years. I think the one with Nadia may have been the last one I actually watched.

It started off as an experiment all those those years ago which was pretty cool for a while I guess as it was a new thing, but it lost all meaning and became meaningless and disposable crap for idiots ... Much like Kerry Katona and that stupid bitch that got what was coming to her ... Jade Goody!!

In short, GET-A-LIFE.

Dry your eyes.

I love watching freaks in a box performing tricks for the futile "plaudits" they get. Hell i'd even watch it if they put you in there mumping constantly about gumby metal and crying yourself to sleep 'cause they cut off the water meaning you couldn't wash that massive piece of grit out of your axe-wound.

Some of us like watching people suffer and being publicly ridiculed. That might make me sick or voyeuristic but certainly not a "braindead drongo".

I'm not even going to touch the "got what was coming to her" nonsense. Grow up.

While I'm not suggesting anyone deserves cancer, Big Brother is fucking awful, and the best result would be some sort of Battle Royale-esque fight to death. The heads of the "contestants" could then be put on spikes and displayed around the country as a warning to others not to be complete and utter skin wastes.

As for Jade Goody, yes, it's sad that her kids are left with some sort of drunken taxi humper, but for someone to be elevated to the level of quasi-messiah on the back of being thicker than an oak drawbridge is utterly awful.

So, in short, I won't be watching this one any more than I have the last 87,567 series. Thanks Endemol.

Its a program entirely made up to make some folk famous for a couple of months. Something to fill in the papers while footy season is not doing much. Something to fill in the pages of Hello and OK because they just realised that they can't run another 2 pages on Posh's hair extensions and oh-so-thin figure, because that's what they've talked about all year.

Then these people become fuck ups that show up once every now and then in the media, probably as some sort of trainwreck, just to get some attention and make money.

At least the winner from the first series, that scouse bloke, seemed like a decent guy. Should have stopped there.

Fuck Big Brother.

I've seen fuck all about it this year. But I bet alot of them have fake tans, there's at least one homosexual, and probably some sort of controversial "artiste" with a no nonsense attitude. Well fuck me.

I hate the Big Brother culture.

I disagree with one of Rathen's points: I think most people who watch it because they are interested in the "characters" probably can relate to the people that are in it as they are similar in every way to themselves and the people they know. This heat reading, celebrity obsessed sub-culture we have really gets me down at people. There are far too many people who are famous because they were in Big Brother and I can't understand why any sensible person would care about these people, especially after Big Brother. This desire to be a "star" and be famous when you have no discernable talents really boils up some hate in my stomach and I am glad Big Brother is coming to an end. "A Snowball in Hell" by Chris Brookmyre, contains some hilarious celebrity culture bashing (and lots of "celebrities" being tortured!) and he sums up the culture really well.

Mind you, in the other European ones they all get naked and fuck each other so that can't be a bad thing.

Exactly, so they say it's the last series. Ratings will be an all-time low (just like all the previous series) then watch it come back next year.

Yeah, that'd be about right. Maybe channel 4 will go bust and save us? I wouldn't miss it, tbh, as they're never gonna relieve their '90s glory days. In fact, if they just reran Vidz, Bitz, The Word, Adam & Joe and Spaced b2b they'd probbaly triple their ratings.

It clashes with the World Cup, so I obviously won't be watching. If it wasn't a World Cup year, it clashes with repeats of sitcoms on Comedy Central, so I wouldn't be watching.

I'm glad it's the last one. It's the worst thing that TV has got to answer for, along with Jamster ads and T4 Sunday

1 - To make a TV show succesful, there has to be likeable characters, people the viewers can relate to. People will not watch a program where everyone in it is a self-obsessed attention-seeking smug tosser.

Surely the majority of people that actually apply to get on the show are self-obsessed attention-seeking smug tossers therefore the producers don't really have much of an option.

Maybe in the early years when it was new and a bit of an experiment you would have a wide range of people on the show but these days its just a way to get your 15 minutes and make a bit of cash monies.

Surely the majority of people that actually apply to get on the show are self-obsessed attention-seeking smug tossers therefore the producers don't really have much of an option.

Maybe in the early years when it was new and a bit of an experiment you would have a wide range of people on the show but these days its just a way to get your 15 minutes and make a bit of cash monies.

Truth. Part of the reason it was such a hit to begin with is because when it started out it was more like a sociological experiment, put 10 strangers in a house, cut them off from the world completely, see how they react. It was a totally new thing and it was interesting as hell to watch. These days though it is just wannabes, you've got people going in wearing lingerie and guys in thongs and stuff, people stripping off to mow the lawn, folk just trying to have their TV moment. It's a totally different show now, and it is a load of shit. But then the makers must take the blame for that, it's them that made it into what it is, they chose the people, they bring in all the wacky tasks that are just designed to humiliate people, as Alkaline mentioned above.

Still, it can be oddly addictive if you watch it a lot.

Some of us like watching people suffer and being publicly ridiculed. That might make me sick or voyeuristic but certainly not a "braindead drongo".

I'm not even going to touch the "got what was coming to her" nonsense. Grow up.

quoted for truth. Yes I sometimes like to watch people suffer aswell.

In this case Jade Goody. In this and quite often these days the kids are probably better off without her and that twat she was humping before she became a necrophiliacs wetdream.

That's my opinion and I know where I can shove it.

Thank you and good day.

In this case Jade Goody. In this and quite often these days the kids are probably better off without her and that twat she was humping before she became a necrophiliacs wetdream.

Thank you and good day.

I don't happen to think that the kids would be better off without her, however, i do object to the way that she's almost been beatified by some members of the public. It's worth remembering though that everyone has shortcomings, we're not all perfect.

I don't happen to think that the kids would be better off without her, however, i do object to the way that she's almost been beatified by some members of the public. It's worth remembering though that everyone has shortcomings, we're not all perfect.

Shortcomings or not anyone who would sell their life story and have her own death story sold for a quick buck is a fucking cunt. Regardless for what reason. Didn't she have her wedding essentially marketed by Hello magazine?

Sorry man no point in going on about it anyway. Don't want to be arguing about a nothing.

Heyho the bitch is dead and all that.

BB - Bloody bollocks !

Guest Gladstone

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Thank you and good day.

Jade Goody's shortcomings just happened to be highlighted and probably magnified on national tv.

Her biggest problem was her ignorance which she shares with lots and lots of other people in our country. Not one of them deserves to die in their 20s or at all prematurely and especially not a horrible cancer death like Jade's.

I also don't agree with the flipside that she turned into some kind of saintly figure because she was dying - she was still a moron. Just a moron who was sadly dying really young and leaving a couple of kids without a mum. If I had the choice of no mum or a mum that wad a bit oc a dick, I know which one I'd choose.

Jade Goody's shortcomings just happened to be highlighted and probably magnified on national tv.

Her biggest problem was her ignorance which she shares with lots and lots of other people in our country. Not one of them deserves to die in their 20s or at all prematurely and especially not a horrible cancer death like Jade's.

I also don't agree with the flipside that she turned into some kind of saintly figure because she was dying - she was still a moron. Just a moron who was sadly dying really young and leaving a couple of kids without a mum. If I had the choice of no mum or a mum that wad a bit oc a dick, I know which one I'd choose.

I've met your mum. Just saying.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

If I had the choice of no mum or a mum that wad a bit oc a dick, I know which one I'd choose.

Your mum bit a wad off someone's dick?!