aberdeen-music

Support Bands Wanted.For Weekend Shows.

Scotland Unsigned

**READ CAREFULLY**

**ALL BANDS WHO PLAY SCOTLAND UNSIGNED SHOWS HAVE THE CHANCE OF PLAYING AN ALL LOCAL WAREHOUSE SHOW WHICH IS HOSTED ONCE A MONTH**

Hey Guys,

Need support bands for the following shows:

He Slept On 57 & Energy! @ Tunnels (Saturday July 17th) 18+ Bands Only

123&In & Autumn In Disguise @ Tunnels (Saturday July 24th)

He Slept On 57 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Coming Summer 2010 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Autumn In Disguise on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

please email: scotlandunsigned@rawaberdeen.com or PM me as I forget to come back to the thread quite often :)

Cheers

x

Need bands with a good crowd pulling ability.

Musical quality a poor second?

See I knew this would cause a stir, Im not about bands having to work there asses off for nothing but Its not about making me any money as for those shows I would be paying the support bands 2 a ticket sold and Not Advised will bring a decent amount of new fans for them to play to aswell. I never once said "Doesnt matter if the bands are shit" So Im gonna pull that show off this list.

Guest idol_wild

I'm still a little uncomfortable with promoters advertising support slots in general.

Surely if you want to promote a show it's because you love all the acts on the bill, and want to offer a band/act you love the opportunity to play to people they perhaps wouldn't normally?

Maybe I've got it all wrong.

There are hundreds of amazing unsigned bands out there with low profiles. Good promoters will find these bands and want to give them a worthwhile opportunity to play.

Actually, thinking about it, your honesty is much appreciated. It must be tough to get the break even figure sometimes as I've seen a lot of almost empty venues at gigs in town lately.

Its always good to see new names getting on the listings, but I guess their relative unknown-ness makes them more a gamble when the bills have to be paid?

I am never about having bands sell tickets and infact that's the first time Ive ever asked for crowd pulling bands. I was open about it but Ive had promoters after my band not because they liked us but because we could shift 50-60 tickets but they are sly about it. I only asked for good crowd pullers just to cover the costs of the show (just incase) I still wont put on a completely dross band just because they pull a crowd. I make no money off 99.9% of the shows I put on I just want bands to help me to help them and at that show in particular I know Not Advised will bring alot of new people for these bands to play to but I also like bands to bring plenty to see the band I have booked to give them an Aberdeen fan base.

I totally know how bad it looked.

The show was originally going to be at Tunnels but since it moved to Warehouse you can understand the price increase and 2.00 a head is not a bad deal Ive had much worse from other promoters.

Im sorry If I annoyed of offended any of you and I am genuinally not in this to make money apart from covering the costs I put out.

Actually, thinking about it, your honesty is much appreciated. It must be tough to get the break even figure sometimes as I've seen a lot of almost empty venues at gigs in town lately.

Its always good to see new names getting on the listings, but I guess their relative unknown-ness makes them more a gamble when the bills have to be paid?

I've been trying to put new bands on these kind of shows bands such as Farewell Singapore who I gave a headline slot at warehouse even when I know they are from Elgin and can struggle to get people in Aberdeen. Such an amazing band and very very looked over sometimes.

Other bands who I think have been incredible as of late In Atlanta and Still searching who I want on some of my upcoming all local shows because I want them to get seen because they deserve to be.

I put on an all local showcase where all bands brought their friends and that will get all the bands working together and sharing the crowd of friends.

Thats my last message defending what I do

I hope you all know where I stand