aberdeen-music

Anyone heard the new Megadeth album?

Joe Atom

It's a little difficult' date=' they're all suing eachother. Anyway, was anyone as disappointed as I was to see that in this month's Total Guitar, the tab for Hangar 18 stops abruptly in the middle of the big guitar stand off type thingee. Like, how fucking frustrating is that! Not that I'd probably manage it anyway, but still..........[/quote']

Right, I definetly need to buy that mag! I've only been playing guitar since March so I can't play much more than the intro to Hanger 18...Return to Hanger is easy though :p

I think I've managed to work out a little of "Blackmail the Universe" , I can't play it fast enough though X_X

Suing each other?! I though Dave M and Dave E were the best of buddies :(

the new Take No Prisoners vocals don't sit quite right

I thought so too, they sound like they've been re-recorded....which probably means they have been re-recorded...wow, I'm a stickler for stating the obvious.

Yeah, Capitol had apparently lost the original vocal take for TNP when Dave M went back to remix everything, so he had to do them again... I think he also used a different take from the original sessions for the 5 Magics ones, and had to rerecord the backing vocals for it now (at least, that's what I read in a few places).

The Daves are suing each other, but I can't remember if it's to do with royalties or Dave M's right to use the name Megadeth or what...

Perhaps the TNP backing vocals re-recording was just a test before he totally overhauled LV's vocals for the MD.45 re-master :p

When I saw the lineup for the new Megadeth album and didn't see Dave Ellefson's name I was disapointed; he had been with Megadeth from the start and he's a damn good bassist. But after I heard TSHF I gained confidence that DM could carry the band himself.

...The Daves are suing each other' date=' but I can't remember if it's to do with royalties or Dave M's right to use the name Megadeth or what...[/quote']

The version I heard was that Dave E is suing Dave M for $18.5million as he reckons he's been getting swicked out of royalties since the beginning of Megadeth. Seems like a lot of money to lose track of until now, but that's what I heard anyway.

I was lucky enough to be at the last Megadeth gig at the Barrows. Was the most technically amazing gig ever which I managed to enjoy from the front row!

Not heard the new album but am looking forward to it...

Right' date=' I definetly need to buy that mag! I've only been playing guitar since March so I can't play much more than the intro to Hanger 18...Return to Hanger is easy though :p

I think I've managed to work out a little of "Blackmail the Universe" , I can't play it fast enough though X_X

[/quote']

A good easy Megadeth tune to have a go at is She Wolf. It was the first one I learnt in full and even the solo at the end is easy enough if you put in a little practice. I recommend going for the CD version and not the one on the live CD/DVD, since that version goes fucking nuts and they change it all and put in a drum solo etc.

You've heard Rude Awakening? I have that on CD and DVD Jimmy DeGrasso's She-Wolf drum solo is great, he goes on about it furing the ending credits :p It's a great sounding DVD but the band seems very static on stage, they don't move around too much...

I can play the She-Wolf verse; "Wicked Temptress Knows How to please...", that bit. The alternate picking at the start is way too fast for me, I can't get the rythm right. But I've just managed to get a job so I'll finally have money for guitar lessons!!! Then perhaps after a while I'll be good enough to play it.

I love the bluesy bit on Tornado of Souls, can't play it though...perhaps one day I will though :p A great song to learn is Dread & The Fugitive Mind, it's easy to sing whilst playing too :p

In Total Guitar magazine they gave a mini-review of TSHF and only gave it 3/5, stating that the album can't compare with Megadeth's earlier work. While it's not exactly Rust in Peace, or Peace Sells...it's hardly as bad as the Risk album (I didn't like it, feel free to disagree). In my opinion the new album is great, especially when you consider the stuff Megadeth's old metal rivals are putting out now-a-days.

In Total Guitar magazine they gave a mini-review of TSHF and only gave it 3/5' date=' stating that the album can't compare with Megadeth's earlier work.[/quote']

My mate bought kerrang the other day and after savagely beating him him i realised they had a review of the new megadeth album. Once again they prove how much they know by giving "the system has failed" 2k's and giving the new greenday album 4k's. Hmm dont u just love Kerrang.

Heh, it's true that Dave Mustaine's vocals are an acquired taste. But that album is great, far superior to Metallica's last attempt at a record in any case.

And it will be Glen Drover who is touring with Megadeth for this album, it's a shame Chris Poland didn't stick around though :( Whether or not they come to Scotland (or even the UK) is uncertain yet as the only tour dates to be announced are for North America. They came to Scotland for the last album though so keep you're fingers crossed.

Maiden and Megadeth? That would be uber-awesome! Two of my favourite bands!

I've always wondered if Megadeth and Metallica would play another gig together but after listening to what Mustaine had to say about Metallica on Bruce Dickinson's show that doesn't seem very likely at all.

He said he hated them completely, that his sequence in the Some Kind of Monster/"Bullshit" (as he put it) was "the last betrayal". But still, Metallica and Megadeth would be pretty damned cool. But Hell, what am I complaining for? If Megadeth toured with Maiden that would be hella-sweet!