aberdeen-music

Anyone heard the new Megadeth album?

Joe Atom

Not that I have, y'understand, what with it not being released until September... *ahemitsalloverthewebahem* but if I had heard it, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it a lot, and I'm nearly sure that stand out tracks would be 'Of Mice and Men', 'Kick the Chair' and 'Die Dead Enough'. ;)

I know this isn't strictly atom related but I was just wondering what people think (if anything)? If you haven't heard it then what metal shenanigans are you currently enjoying?

It would have been realy rather quick if I'd downloaded it. which I haven't.

Normally if I say...tried to download...say Megadeth's new album it WOULD be rather quick, but whoever I might be trying to download it from is obviuosly connected to the internet through a length of dental floss.

Normally if I say...tried to download...say Megadeth's new album it WOULD be rather quick' date=' but whoever I might be trying to download it from is obviuosly connected to the internet through a length of dental floss.[/quote']

Perhaps you should get Bit-torrent... I've heard *coughcough* that it's good for downloading things in one sitting... leave it on overnight if it's gonna take a while ( but it would have taken only a couple of hours if, for example, I HAD downloaded the new album) ;)

Well i am very impressed by this album.

Jeff Waters from the awesome ANNIHILATOR is lending his guitar help live and apparently on the new album and you can hear it on this new album

If you like the System has Failed then check out ANNIHILATOR - NEVER NEVERLAND

its pure aggresive thrash metal with a crisp clear production and also it was partly influenced by YES and RUSH so LEN and MOUSE and any others who like THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED give Never Neverlan a listen.

Jeff didn't do any guitars on the album. They're all by Dave Mustaine and they flew in Chris Poland to do 6 or 7 solos. And they haven't announced if Jeff will be playing on the tour yet, although it's rumoured.

The only annihilator album I heard was a bit guff really... but maybe they have some good stuff.

I've heard Die Dead Enough and the promo on the site for Blackmail the Universe. Wouldn't say it matches to any of the classic stuff (although I really like Youthanasia a lot too), but it has some heavy riffs etc. and I'll definitely buy it when it's released, even if I have downloaded it all by that time. On the subject of Megadeth, has anyone heard any of Marty Friedman's Cacophony work? I would definitely recommend it, although the vocals are a bit.........meh.

• 4 weeks later...

AH! What a brilliant album, I can't get enough of it! I'm glad Mustaine is back with Megadeth, although I'm surprised to see that David Ellefson isn't in the band's line-up.

"Blackmail the Universe", the first track is supremely awesome. "Kick the Chair" a very energetic song. "Back in the Day", a great tribute to the glory years of Metal - the guitar verse reminds me of "Rattlehead" from Killing Is My Business... "Something I'm Not" is another track worth checking out.

This album seems to combine the speed and intensity of Rust In Peace with the heaviness and political lyrics of Countdown to Extinction. This album deserves to be big and put Megadeth back in the spotlight.

Does anyone know if Megadeth will come to Scotland again, now that the band has been revived? For their last album, The World Needs a Hero, they came to Glasgow. Unfortunately I missed that show, at that point in my life I had just got into Megadeth. I would give an arm, a leg and a kidney to see them play live!

The Peace Sells remaster is definitely an improvement upon the original, the vocals are much clearer and the drums don't seem to dominate the other instruments as much. I don't know about Rust In Peace, the original was good enough there wasn't much need to remaster it, other than to increase anticipation for The System Has Failed of course.

I really want to get my hands on the remastered Killing Is My Business... remaster that was released in North America a while back. My mate Nick managed to get it on a trip to America but I've never seen it over here...

AH! What a brilliant album, I can't get enough of it! I'm glad Mustaine is back with Megadeth, although I'm surprised to see that David Ellefson isn't in the band's line-up.

It's a little difficult, they're all suing eachother. Anyway, was anyone as disappointed as I was to see that in this month's Total Guitar, the tab for Hangar 18 stops abruptly in the middle of the big guitar stand off type thingee. Like, how fucking frustrating is that! Not that I'd probably manage it anyway, but still..........