aberdeen-music

Joe Bonamassa !!

Go on!!....check him out then before you judge him on one track with Sandi...

YouTube - Joe Bonamassa - Mountain time (Live at North Sea Jazz Festival)

Leaves me cold I'm afraid.

You should go see Walter Trout, at the LT on Oct 7th.

THE LEMON TREE LOUNGE : Productions : Walter Trout

Used to to really like Walter until he seemed to lose it in favour of the 'more emotion equals more notes' style. The fact that Walter seems to love Bonamassa and put him on his album just proves to me he's lost it. But that's just me. Check this out-

Joe Bonamassa Jams With Walter Trout!! Video

Leaves me cold I'm afraid.

You should go see Walter Trout, at the LT on Oct 7th.

THE LEMON TREE LOUNGE : Productions : Walter Trout

Used to to really like Walter until he seemed to lose it in favour of the 'more emotion equals more notes' style. The fact that Walter seems to love Bonamassa and put him on his album just proves to me he's lost it. But that's just me. Check this out-

Joe Bonamassa Jams With Walter Trout!! Video

Got tickets for Walter some time ago, but thanks anyway! I just love my R&B/rock and a live gig especially plus it gets me out of the house!

Signed, Domestic Goddess of Milltimber (or is it desperate housewife??!):D

One of the dudes my regular guitar mag is fixated on, along with John fuckin Mayer, I know Joe is better than that blandola, but he's nae Duane Allman or John Fogerty, or Randy California, or...drones on ad infinitum

Go check out his 'Blues Deluxe' album and then say he isn't one of very best guitarists in the world right now - each track a different style of blues on a different guitar and with a different set up, each one a belter (Burning Hell in particular).

Admittedly some of his latest stuff isn't as good as his earlier works but he still knocks out a brilliant tune. Oh, and he can't sing, but, bless him, he does try!

Back on the Sandi thing. In a similar vein, Common is one of the best rappers there's been yet got Lily fuckin Allen to squawk on his last album. That doesn't mean that his earlier work isn't still as brilliant as it was when it first came out, nor that he can't still tear it up when the feeling takes him. Some artists just like really random acts sometimes.

Oh, and in terms of LT blues we got Connie Lush & Blues Shouter on Wednesday 1 September and, as mentioned, Walter Trout on Thursday 7 October. All tickets available from Aberdeen Box Office, 01224 641122.

Some artists just like really random acts sometimes.

Connie Lush & Blues Shouter on Wednesday 1 September and, as mentioned, Walter Trout on Thursday 7 October. All tickets available from Aberdeen Box Office, 01224 641122.

Jeebus yes, Keef fell in my estimation, when asked who the hottest noo music talent was a few years back, he said Norah Jones, When Good People Do Bland Things pt113.

One of the dudes my regular guitar mag is fixated on, along with John fuckin Mayer, I know Joe is better than that blandola, but he's nae Duane Allman or John Fogerty, or Randy California, or...drones on ad infinitum

...Leslie West, Zal Cleminson, Billy Gibbons, Jimi Hendrix...and so forth

Guest davetherave

Joe B

...Leslie West, Zal Cleminson, Billy Gibbons, Jimi Hendrix...and so forth

Bloody hell, a thread that mentions Leslie West, Randy California, Billy Gibbons, etc. Am I on the right forum ;)

I saw Leslie West play at a gig years ago, IMHO he has more tone in one finger than many players have in both hands. Randy California played at the same gig, another great guitar player, check out Spirit's "twelve dreams of Dr Sardonicus" album for some very cool music.

I like Joe B's playing too, very tuneful, Sloe Gin being one of my fav tracks of his :up: