aberdeen-music

Drummonds doesn't do gigs for local bands??

if they no longer play local music then venues for bands are getting far and few between.

You're having a laugh, there's far too many gigs on these days. Which is why attendance at so many of them is so low, that and the fact that so many of them consist of disposable pish. This town reached saturation point looooooooooooong ago...

:down:

• Upvote 1

You're having a laugh, there's far too many gigs on these days. Which is why attendance at so many of them is so low, that and the fact that so many of them consist of disposable pish. This town reached saturation point looooooooooooong ago...

You can't spout this mumpy bullshit and apparently be in TWO bands.

ah yes the good old town aint what it used to be argument, you missed my point i like drummonds i want them to continue to put on local gigs as the venues in a prime spot that passers by can just wonder in, unlike the tunnels or moorings which although are good venues just dont pull in the punters.

And there's no "apparently" either. Jeez...

It is made "apparent" that you are in two bands from the information underneath your avatar.

/pedantic

I am sort of with you about the lack of occasion, although I have capitalised by almost exclusively playing non-events.

If that's how you see it, fair enough. If anything it's the reverse, there's almost too much going on so going to a gig isn't the occasion it would be if they were more sporadic.

Have to disagree with you min. Sure, there are a lot of gigs going on in Aberdeen but the number of punk/HXC gigs (i.e. the kind that you would go to!) seems to be on a constant decrease. Hence why I was looking forward to Wormrot so much when they were here a couple of weeks ago; there hadn't been a line-up that good in Aberdeen for that kind of music for quite some time!

Speaking of which...I expect to see you at my gig on the 18th of June! :D

Have to disagree with you min. Sure, there are a lot of gigs going on in Aberdeen but the number of punk/HXC gigs (i.e. the kind that you would go to!) seems to be on a constant decrease. Hence why I was looking forward to Wormrot so much when they were here a couple of weeks ago; there hadn't been a line-up that good in Aberdeen for that kind of music for quite some time!

Speaking of which...I expect to see you at my gig on the 18th of June! :D

This is why Blackmarket blastbeats started.

:up:

ah yes the good old town aint what it used to be argument, you missed my point i like drummonds i want them to continue to put on local gigs as the venues in a prime spot that passers by can just wonder in, unlike the tunnels or moorings which although are good venues just dont pull in the punters.

Yeah that's crazy talk... the Moorings is always packed on a Saturday night. Agreed about the Tunnels though.

Yeah that's crazy talk... the Moorings is always packed on a Saturday night. Agreed about the Tunnels though.

Think he means more random people off the streets,

you dont really go down past the moorings unless your going to richards or the moorings itself.

Where as Belmont street has alot of foot traffic.

Definitely wrong about Drummonds - its mainly used for local bands whilst touring bands are more suited to Tunnels. There are no plans to stop local line ups at all.

On that note I have heaps of local band slots up for grabs as Im booking there whilst Hen is off for 3 weeks so feel free to email info@thetunnels.co.uk and Ill see what I can do

The food in Drummonds generally runs a bit later so soundchecks are pushed a bit later but there is still local stuff on pretty much 7 nights a week.

Hope that clears things up!

The Moorings is always busy with a pretty much guaranteed base of regulars but that is only on Saturday nights. It would be quite good if they could start expanding to say a Thursday night as well...

I can't say I see the lack of passing trade as necessarily a bad thing unless you really want a crowd to the extent that you are happy to play to a crowd of neds, drunks and general ne-er do wells that often turn up in Drummonds.

The Moorings is always busy with a pretty much guaranteed base of regulars but that is only on Saturday nights. It would be quite good if they could start expanding to say a Thursday night as well...

I can't say I see the lack of passing trade as necessarily a bad thing unless you really want a crowd to the extent that you are happy to play to a crowd of neds, drunks and general ne-er do wells that often turn up in Drummonds.

I'm sure Flash will be along to say if I'm wrong but I think the reason the Moorings only books for a Saturday is becasuse of the fact it has neighbouring people who could complain about loud gigs on a weekday.