aberdeen-music

TAINT + MANATEES (Superfi Records) @ The Tunnels Aug 2nd

I really enjoyed this gig last night, my ears didn't haha..

It was good to finally put faces to the members of Dross. I will have to catch them again live soon. I enjoyed their set. Jan.... your Strat can make weird noises like.

Taint where good too, but the band of the night for me was Manatees. They where amazing! it would be cool if they come back to Aberdeen again.

All bands sounded ace last night, Scott was on form behind the mixing desk for sure. Def the best sound I have ever heard at the Tunnels. Also well done to the promoters, it was quite a busy gig for a Monday at Tunnels, nice one chaps!

All bands sounded ace last night, Scott was on form behind the mixing desk for sure. Def the best sound I have ever heard at the Tunnels. Also well done to the promoters, it was quite a busy gig for a Monday at Tunnels, nice one chaps!

Definitely. I'm sure ManaTaint's gear played a part in it too, but the whole thing just sounded massive. I was leaning against the wall when Manatees were sound checking, and I thought I'd ruptured my insides from the vibrations.

The drummer from Manatees seems like one of the nicest gents on Earth.

Gentlemen, that was ace. I was feeling a bit blergh before the gig so I was debating whether or not to go, but I'm glad I did. I went for Taint and Dross (after hearing the Myspace demos), but Manatees were probably my favourite band of the night. Forgot to take enough cash to buy a CD, though. I'll have to get on that ASAP.

Dross were quality for a first gig. Some seriously filthy grooves. Disgusting. Taint were grand too, although I too would've preferred a few more tunes from the first album.

Best gig I've been to in ages. My hat goes off to Team Dave!