aberdeen-music

Places for picnics

Anyone have any recomendations for good places to go for a picnic?

I'm looking for somewhere that's fairly quiet and safe to let a dog off the lead (eg with no sheep or roads very close by). Also if anyone knows any good spots on a loch or somewhere the dog can get in the water, that'd be perfect.

Anywhere in the North-east will do. Anyone know any hidden gems they'd care to share?

Anyone have any recomendations for good places to go for a picnic?

I'm looking for somewhere that's fairly quiet and safe to let a dog off the lead (eg with no sheep or roads very close by). Also if anyone knows any good spots on a loch or somewhere the dog can get in the water, that'd be perfect.

Anywhere in the North-east will do. Anyone know any hidden gems they'd care to share?

Loch Muick. Not sure about whether it's ok with dogs off lead but i did see one off a lead last time i was there.

Sunnyside Beach near Cullen is amazing. If you park the car at Barnyards of Findlater (it is signposted, just off the A98) and walk along the path past the dovecot, you'll hit the cliffs and the ruin of Findlater Castle. Follow the path to the left and it will take you down to a deserted beach and probably the best beach on that stretch of the coast.

Also the Speymouth Forest is filled with lovely picnic spots. Fochabers is a town surrounded by them. Best of all is the earth pillars at Ordiequish. Park the car, walk about twenty paces to the picnic tables and you have a view over the whole county. Enjoy!

• Upvote 1