aberdeen-music

AberdeenEventCast

BillySangster

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
Oh and also, fuck me there is some great music in Aberdeen. Seriously impressed with the variety in these podcasts. Found an Edinburgh podcast of the same ilk and this shits all over it for local talent. Music wise the Glasgow podcart one is great but I can't listen to the chat inbetween, too weegie.

Which Edinburgh-based podcast is it?

I have found it very difficult to find online resources relating to Edinburgh-based music and gig listings.

Which Edinburgh-based podcast is it?

I have found it very difficult to find online resources relating to Edinburgh-based music and gig listings.

Tell me about it! It's impossible to find out what's going on.

The Edinburgh podcast was called 'this is music Edinburgh' but it seems to have stopped last year so not much use. I just downloaded a couple episodes to try it.

Weird isn't it? We keep getting told how healthy (ken what ah mean like) the Edinburgh scene is at the moment but outside of The List & The Skinny (whose coverage is patchy at best) and the odd blog (like Under the Radar) it's hard to find out who's actually playing where and when.

Anyway, thread hijacked somewhat so yeah, everyone listen to Billy's Podcast. It's ace.

:up:

Guest idol_wild
Weird isn't it? We keep getting told how healthy (ken what ah mean like) the Edinburgh scene is at the moment but outside of The List & The Skinny (whose coverage is patchy at best) and the odd blog (like Under the Radar) it's hard to find out who's actually playing where and when.

Anyway, thread hijacked somewhat so yeah, everyone listen to Billy's Podcast. It's ace.

:up:

There's a lot going on in Edinburgh and so little of it gets listed widely. There are numerous little pockets of the Edinburgh scene, who all seem to be doing their own things and advertising their gigs in their own ways, to their own base audience.

As a music fan and a punter, though, I want the majority of happenings listed in one place. Not because I'm lazy, but because it makes sense.

I fear that Edinburgh is too fragmented for this to materialise, sadly.

There's a lot going on in Edinburgh and so little of it gets listed widely. There are numerous little pockets of the Edinburgh scene, who all seem to be doing their own things and advertising their gigs in their own ways, to their own base audience.

As a music fan and a punter, though, I want the majority of happenings listed in one place. Not because I'm lazy, but because it makes sense.

Exactly how I feel. Although it is because I'm lazy. I miss loads of good gigs purely because I'm the type of person who will decide last minute I want to go out then spend the next 10 mins looking up what's on before giving up coz it's impossible to find any listings.

That's what I mean, it's OK if you're 'in the loop' so to speak (I mean, even I get sent quite a lot of stuff promoting gigs in E-Burg) but looking at it from a punter's point of view (especially if you're outside the city and not seeing the flyposters etc) it is difficult to find out about the smaller, more interesting gigs.

Weird when you see how well the online festival/fringe stuff is done for one month a year. You'd think someone involved in that might have noticed a gap in the market. Course they wouldn't have the massive sponsorship cash to play with I suppose...

Billy is going to kick our arses for blabbing on aboot this on here.

Sorry Billy :love:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if it's my place to say, but I believe Billy has decided to stop Aberdeen Events. Got a tweet from him at the start of December saying 'Och, that's a pity, I've decided to stop it. AberdeenEvents no more, dude! Think John is extending Kiosque to monthly'. Having recently spoken to him at a gig, I think I can reasonably confirm this. I'll leave him to explain his reasons, if he so wishes.

It's a shame; the website was my first port of call when finding out about new gigs in the city and it will surely be missed. Maybe someday this fantastic resource will return. Fingers (and toes) crossed...

I don't know if it's my place to say, but I believe Billy has decided to stop Aberdeen Events. Got a tweet from him at the start of December saying 'Och, that's a pity, I've decided to stop it. AberdeenEvents no more, dude! Think John is extending Kiosque to monthly'. Having recently spoken to him at a gig, I think I can reasonably confirm this. I'll leave him to explain his reasons, if he so wishes.

It's a shame; the website was my first port of call when finding out about new gigs in the city and it will surely be missed. Maybe someday this fantastic resource will return. Fingers (and toes) crossed...

What!!?? noooooooooooooo thats rubbish!! :down: