aberdeen-music

Seen a rural Fox recently? Springwatch need your help.

framheim

anyone seen any other animals around? badgers or otters perhaps? again please don't post exact locations of badger sets but you can pm me.

in fact i'm interested in any beastie locations. keep em coming, and you should send your fox spies to the springwatch team.

I'm sure theres a set within 100ft of the house I'm living in, in Kepplestone, top of Queens road. Always creeps my wee dog out, and he will look out of the window into the dark a lot, at something particular, and I think its a fox he spies. Sort of menacing to think about.

I've also seen a few foxes in the courtyard bit there when in a bit of an altered state of mind, and it never fails to freak me the fuck out man. Foxes are menacing creatures. But fascinating.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they are like, the 8th fastest land animal too.

I seem to see plenty of animals driving to and from Aberdeen. The fuckers keep running in front of the car!

Recently I've had peacocks, ducks, deer with a death wish along with various birds of prey flying past

aye, i noticed some peacocks the other day too near crathes. always see plenty of buzzards and occasional red kites round deeside too.

i've been told there was once a deer beside our block of flats but i've never seen one. wouldn't surprise me though as we get everything else. be nice to get a red squirrel as well.

They've covered urban foxes in Glasgow a few times hence why they want to do rural ones

Its more the fact that 30 years ago they would have just said Foxes, and everyone would just assume they were rural, like foxes were then (mainly). I in no way call for a comprehensive survey of glasgow Foxes. I also mainly forgot the actual topic of this thread, keep watchin' that spring.

If you want to see deer just go wander around the Science and Technology Park in Bridge of Don. Always saw loads of them when I worked there, just wandering around outside the offices and in the car parks.

Correct. A family of them often wanders about on the big expanse of grass next behind the office here (an office I believe is familiar to you...)

Dave, next time you're looking for squirrels in Crathes you should keep an eye out for big cats:

Return of the Crathes Cat? - Deeside Today

There's big cats in the Monymusk/Cluny area, an old chum's dad was the gameskeeper and he shot a big black cat. I think he gave it to the university... and up at Claryns Dam in Monymusk, I remember seeing a big striped cat outside the little house they had there, again shot. :down:

This was a few years ago though.

Also on road to Strathdon there's heaps of deer running about, I don't recall seeing foxes though.

an office I believe is familiar to you...

Yup :up:

Used to see quite a lot of wildlife when I worked there, mostly deer, grey squirrels and pigeons being knocked out of the sky and eaten by seagulls. But I also saw a red squirrel sitting on the fence at the bottom of the car park once and when I was at the other office over the road I saw a sparrow hawk burst out of the trees chasing a small bird (probably a sparrow I guess), loop over my car bonnet then crash back into the trees again.

Once saw a fox come out of the University's MacRobert car park and cross King Street. There's also quite a few at the wildlife nature reserve next to Lidl (King street again) Few deer as well.

Or at least there would be if there wasn't FUCKING GYPSIES LIVING THERE RIGHT NOW! I hope they're gone soon...

Once saw a fox come out of the University's MacRobert car park and cross King Street. There's also quite a few at the wildlife nature reserve next to Lidl (King street again) Few deer as well.

Or at least there would be if there wasn't FUCKING GYPSIES LIVING THERE RIGHT NOW! I hope they're gone soon...

The gypsies have been moved along, they are now in the fields next to the sky scrapers across the road from Lidl. So hopefully the foxes and what-not will be back next to Lidl again.

A wee while back I was driving home and came over a rise in the road to find a fox standing in the middle of the lane. I stopped about 20feet from it. It turned round and started walking down my lane in front of me. I followed it about 40 yards. During this procession of man and beast it turned to look at me over it shoulder as though to say "don't follow me, I'm lost as well". It finally jump into a field when I turned my headlights off. amazing.

Two weeks ago I saw a deer near the burger van on the peterhead ellon road. The problem was I saw it too late and hit it. I was on my motorbike at the time coming back from Ireland at 2am. Gave myself a right bruise on the leg. I thought I had broke it or something.

The gypsies have been moved along, they are now in the fields next to the sky scrapers across the road from Lidl. So hopefully the foxes and what-not will be back next to Lidl again.

Oh thanks for telling me. I hoped they'd be gone by the time I returned home. Fields across the road is fine for me, won't have children go karting all about the car park any more. I hope they tidied their litter at least. Wouldn't have minded as much if it weren't for the fact that that place is a wildlife sanctuary. Nothing like leaving your house in the morning and seeing a deer 30 feet away from you.

On a completely unrelated note, when I was holidaying in Brasov with a friend, we had a wolf trot past us in the street. Bizarre.