aberdeen-music

Seen a rural Fox recently? Springwatch need your help.

framheim

BBC - Nature UK: Have you seen a country fox this year?

i know there's a few country folk here, any of you see a regular fox on your travels? know where there's a filmable den? don't post it here but go to the link and get in touch with the springwatch team, they could be filming near you as a result!

also, if you do know of good fox or other wildlife locations, feel free to pm me as well. i'm always on the lookout for places to get good photos of wildlife, or to setup a hide.

cheers!

There's a posse* of otters in cruden bay at the moment. My dad's been going down to see them for the past few days. in fact, cruden bay harbour/beach area is great for wildlife getting up close. Dolphins, seals, etc.

I saw an urban fox last night but I'll tell my folks to keep their yaks peeled for their slack jawed bredrin.

*not the official collective noun.

No foxes yet, but in the two months since I moved into my flat I've seen a pheasant, ducks, squirrels, oystercatchers and, most exciting of all, bats in my garden. I'm going to invest in a pair of night vision goggles at the earliest opportunity in order to check them out properly.

i get heaps of bats in my garden too, they're fucking ace. damn hard to photograph though!

i know you said don't post, but Tuach Hill in Kintore is home to many foxes. i also seen one once on the mounthooly roundabout...

that's cool, so long as you're not revealing the exact location of a den. also urban foxes aren't at as much risk as rural ones. might have to go check them out at tuach hill.

You occasionally see foxes in the area between Aberdeen and Cults (top of Jacob's ladder). A woman who lives in the lane that connects Jacob's Ladder to Hazlehead woods used to feed them. I suppose it must be a well-known fox-route, as 'FoxLane' nursery used to be not far away.

I saw foxes in Glasgow a couple of months ago (on the outskirts, towards Milngavie).

have seen a few in the WE of Glasgow, including my backie, 1 minute fae Byres Rd.

Last year we flew from Glasgow airport to Gatwick for our flight to Orlando, and as we dropped the hire car off the night before we flew, a fox wandered past us outside the airport with a bacon roll in it's mouth. True story.

:up:

Love how it has to specify rural foxes, given that they are all over the cities. Only ever saw a couple in Aberdeen, but have seen a few in the WE of Glasgow, including my backie, 1 minute fae Byres Rd.

Yeah, I've seen absolutely loads while walking down Observatory Road onto Byres Road. Have seen a few lying on the roofs of cars in the evening.

Love how it has to specify rural foxes, given that they are all over the cities. Only ever saw a couple in Aberdeen, but have seen a few in the WE of Glasgow, including my backie, 1 minute fae Byres Rd.

They've covered urban foxes in Glasgow a few times hence why they want to do rural ones

I keep seeing foxes late at night on the coast road between Findon and Cove.

I saw one just up fae your shoppie one night a few months ago. Hadn't been aware there were urban foxes in Aberdeen until then although he may have just been in fae the country looking for a good deal on CD-Rs......