aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild

If developing youth is sincerely the way Aberdeen want to go, then I think Billy Stark is probably the best and potentially realistic candidate. Proven record with Scotland and he's probably built up a decent contact list.

Sadly, he's also got a playing history with Aberdeen, which may prove to be his downfall, if previous patterns and behaviour at Aberdeen is anything to go by.

He'd be my favoured choice, though.

Willie Miller needs to go too. Everyone knows he can't run a business so why is he still part of this one?

To be fair, he is probably suited to the role he has at the Dons. The guy can't run a restaurant but his job as Director of Football is based around the footballing side of the Dons so he hasn't got the final say in the financial side of things or the business structure at the club. In terms of the football side of Aberdeen, this is something he has been around his whole life and I think every football club would benefit from having someone with this background on their board. The main question for me would be is he the right person for the job? That may well be a no but I don't think his ability to run a chipper is that relevant to what he is doing now. For the love of fuck though, just don't give him responsibility for the pie stands.

The Dons clearly need changes at board level along with bringing in a new manager though as the club and fans have never been further apart. It could be a change in personnel is the only way to do that but restructuring the business to better market the club to the fans might freshen things up again. Either that or just stick the ball in the net and pass to your own players.

• Upvote 1

According to the Sunday Express, AC Milan are considering a 2mn Euro swoop for Kenny Miller to replace the injured Filipo Inzaghi. If it was likely that there is any truth in this, I wouldn't say its a terrible move for Milan (he has scored goals this season, granted in a lesser league) and an unbelievable move for Kenny Miller. He'll probably last a season then move back to Celtic though.

According to the Sunday Express, AC Milan are considering a 2mn Euro swoop for Kenny Miller to replace the injured Filipo Inzaghi. If it was likely that there is any truth in this, I wouldn't say its a terrible move for Milan (he has scored goals this season, granted in a lesser league) and an unbelievable move for Kenny Miller. He'll probably last a season then move back to Celtic though.

This must be one of the signs of the apocalypse. Repent now.

Nah, the Sunday Express are just at the windup, I think. They're also claiming Inter Milan and Juventus are battling for Scott Brown. Scott Brown? Away and gies piece. There's more chance of Arsenal and Man Utd battling over Mark McGhee to replace Arsene Wenger/Sir Cuntychops.

Kenny Miller to Milan would be ridiculous. It takes a bit more than scoring goals at a low level to make a step up. That's why Jermaine Beckford isn't averaging a goal a game anymore. But it's probably a load of hokum anyway. Still, I would wager that all 20 Premier League sides have at least 1 striker better than Kenny Miller. Hell, I'd even take Chopra and Bothroyd over Miller. And they don't even play real Premier League football. They play that fake Championship kickabout.

Scotland and France are pals!

I think they should rotate the tournament round the continents, and stage it in alphabetical order within each continent (with the option to opt out for countries who don't fancy it).

Problem solved.

Or copy the Eurovision Song Contest. Whoever wins it hosts the next one. Problem even solveder. :up:

If AC Milan are serious about signing Kenny Miller and I doubt they are, they must be really fucking skint and desperate for a striker!

They should sign DJ Campbell, the coolest striker in the Premier League.

I prefer Odemwingie when it comes to the cool stakes, purely because as well as being cool as fuck, he's also a super super nice guy.

but his first name isn't DJ. That let's him down a little.

Keeping the cool firmly in West Brom, Di Matteo is far and away the coolest manager. He just never looks under pressure. He fears nothing and answers to no one. Again, super nice guy too. I've always willed on West Brom to get relegated, but this time I do hope they stay up. I don't think there's anyone besides Liverpool who I want get relegated. Wolves are now quite a likeable team because Mick McCarthy is the boy. I feel sorry for Avram Grant too. It's quite a fall from grace he's suffered through no fault of his own. I hope he stays up. His team are good. Obinna, Berrera, Cole and Parker are all solid. They just aren't operating too well as a unit.

Wigan are certified goners. I like Martinez though. I just like everyone. Everyone in football is great. Except Jamie Carragher. He's a troll.

Mick M has gone up in my estimation recently as I just love his post match interviews on Match of the Day. My dislike for him came from a Wolves cup tie against Cambridge a couple of seasons ago where they narrowly beat us and he showed no respect for us whatsover. But that's Mick way I guess.

But Ian Holloway is my fave manager in the prem league - what a legend!

Chris Hughton has been given the bullet at Newcastle.

Thought he seemed like a good bloke doing a good job.

WTF!? It is Newcastle though....

He is a good bloke who was doing a good job. Now he's just a good bloke.

The NUFC Board Sez: "Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed"

Bollocks.

I hope they get relegated.

Chris Hughton has been given the bullet at Newcastle.

Thought he seemed like a good bloke doing a good job.

WTF!? It is Newcastle though....

Crazy. Should have got this season as a gimmie, as long as he kept them up, after getting them promoted and just generally not being a laughing stock anymore.

In local news Phil Brown has started being mentioned for the Dons job.

Crazy. Should have got this season as a gimmie, as long as he kept them up, after getting them promoted and just generally not being a laughing stock anymore.

In local news Phil Brown has started being mentioned for the Dons job.

They've had a couple of bad results recently, but they're in 11th place. ELEVENTH! That's more than respectable for a side playing Ch'ship fitba last year. Mike Ashley really is an utter dangleberry.

Phil Brown at the Dons. LOL. That better not happen, it really better not.

A couple of bad results that come after a massive win against Sunderland and an excellent win against Arsenal and a run that includes a well deserved draw against Chelsea. This with the core of their team - Williamson, Colocini, Barton and Nolan - missing the last couple of matches through injury/suspension and the limited squad depth that you'd expect to see from a newly promoted side.

I really feel sorry for Chris Hughton but you always got the impression he was a 'dead man walking' which is ridiculous considoring he had done nothing wrong. He took over the helm at a difficult time and pissed all over the championship with complete ease to get the toon army back in the promised land. I guess fat mike wants a bigger name in charge. But thats a really shit sacking of the highest order.