aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I can't read that at work, but wasn't he only there because he was granted time off for family reasons? He's a complex character.

Here you go...

MARIO BALOTELLI was making a splash back in Milan while his Manchester City team-mates were on their FA Cup victory parade.

The controversial Italian striker, 20, was caught on camera throwing water bombs at a meeting of Serie A club chiefs on Monday - having been given the night off by City for 'family reasons'.

Balotelli also dodged City's end-of-season dinner on Sunday night, during which he was named as their Young Player of the Season.

But, on Monday evening, Italian TV caught him, his brother Enoch and agent Mino Raiola larking about at the annual Milan event.

Together they drenched TV crews while, earlier, Balotelli brought chaos to the narrow streets as he tried to park his white Maserati before being picked up by Raiola.

Despite ducking what proved to be a memorable night back in Manchester, Balotelli admitted he knew how important it was to everyone at his club.

He said: "Winning the FA Cup was fantastic. I didn't realise just how important it was until we got to the final.

"So I managed to do something good this season and I'm doing well with Roberto Mancini. For the fans, the FA Cup is worth almost as much as winning the Premier League."

Balotelli's future is likely to be the subject of more speculation this summer but he insists he will stay put.

He said: "If I come back to Italy, the first thing I am going to do is go home.

"A return to Inter? Who knows, they are a big club. I miss my old team-mates but not Inter and I am doing well in England.

"I am not dreaming about Milan, I am happy with life in Manchester."

Love it. We should start a football themed Cannon & Ball style comedy double act show, and perform on Blackpool pier .

I'm fine with that but would like to get a drummer involved for drum rolls and cymbal crashes post-punchline. Obviously they would be taking a smaller cut than you and I.

Or we could train a monkey to do it. Could call him Giggsy and also train him to skip through the Arsenal defence, score and take his little white shirt off and spin it round his head.

Fantastic performance which made me feel silly for doubting Barca this time. They haven't been at their best lately but when it really counted they played some of their very best football.

Now even if Barca somehow collapse next year I think you can look at the team of 08/09 to 10/11 as one of the truly great club sides, if not the greatest. It's amazing to think that in the last 3 years players like Xavi, Puyol and Iniesta have won 3 consecutive league titles, 2 Champions Leagues and in the season they didn't get the CL the World Cup with Spain.

Abidal playing the whole match was incredible and it was great to see them giving him the armband so he could lift the trophy first.

Hopefully this match has gone someway to repairing their public image after it was damaged so badly in that awful match against Madrid.

As long as they have a coach who can maintain motivation within the players I imagine we'll see Barca take another 2 or 3 Champions League trophies in the next 5 years.

I have to agree in my 30 plus years of watching football I don't ever remember a team as good as this. I know critics are saying this is not a great Man Utd side (something I don't personally agree with ffs they won the EPL with ease and made the final of the champions league!) but the way Barca outclassed them was simply breathtaking.