aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Maguire closes on Derby deal | Aberdeen News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

To be fair, I can't see him warming the bench at Derby. They've been totally shit and their strikers can't score. At the same time, I don't think he's good enough (yet) to change their fortunes. Stay at The Dons, Chris. It will be more fun. Where the fuck is Derby anyway?

How can United afford Willo Flood? Thought the reason Aberdeen said no to him was because he wanted 3 times what we could pay and there was Championship clubs sniffing about.

Not saying that because we can't afford him Utd shouldn't be able to but if the 3 times our wage cap was true I'd have thought it was outwith Uniteds reach as well.

Guest Gladstone
How can United afford Willo Flood? Thought the reason Aberdeen said no to him was because he wanted 3 times what we could pay and there was Championship clubs sniffing about.

Not saying that because we can't afford him Utd shouldn't be able to but if the 3 times our wage cap was true I'd have thought it was outwith Uniteds reach as well.

Maybe it was 3 times what Aberdeen were willing to pay for him, rather than 3 times the wage cap?

Still doubtful that Dundee Utd would be willing to pay 3 times more what Aberdeen are willing to pay for the same player. Maybe Utd negotiated better?

Maybe it was 3 times what Aberdeen were willing to pay for him, rather than 3 times the wage cap?

Still doubtful that Dundee Utd would be willing to pay 3 times more what Aberdeen are willing to pay for the same player. Maybe Utd negotiated better?

According to the United press release he chose us because of his previous positive experience with us a few years ago.

I think the wage rumour was more about when Aberdeen tried to get him on loan in January and they would have needed to pay 8k a week. I doubt we are paying him that.

I think the wage rumour was more about when Aberdeen tried to get him on loan in January and they would have needed to pay 8k a week. I doubt we are paying him that.

No it was a statement Craig Brown made last week after Willo Flood was released by Middlesborough. He met with Flood and his agent in Glasgow but the wages they were looking for was 3 times what Aberdeen would pay.

Brown issues a Flood warning - Press & Journal

No it was a statement Craig Brown made last week after Willo Flood was released by Middlesborough. He met with Flood and his agent in Glasgow but the wages they were looking for was 3 times what Aberdeen would pay.

Brown issues a Flood warning - Press & Journal

Fair enough then, I don't think we're going to be near the 8k he was getting though. Aberdeen must just have a really low wage limit.

I doubt it's bankrupting us, he's probably still getting less than what we tried to offer Craig Conway to stay on.

I'm not convinced on the Rankin signing but getting Willo back certainly a good start to filling the void. Will be interesting to see who else we can get in. Would like to see another Center back brought in.

I think the idea is Dundee Utd will not be paying him much more than Aberdeen would have been able to pay him, however the sentiment behind a move back to United swung it for him.

He's a cracking little player. Looks like they've replaced Gomis and Bauben then..? With Rankin and Flood.

I see Flood as more of a Conway replacement. He's better on the wing that through the middle.

Why aren't they called Derbyshire then? Derby County doesn't even exist. Bunch of cunts.

They are based in the City of Derby which is in the ceremonial county of Derbyshire. They were formed in 1884 as an offshoot of Derbyshire County Cricket Club in an attempt to give players and supporters a winter interest as well as secure the cricket club extra revenue. The original intention was to name the club Derbyshire County F.C. to highlight the link, though the Derbyshire FA, formed in 1883, objected on the grounds it was too long.

They are based in the City of Derby which is in the ceremonial county of Derbyshire. They were formed in 1884 as an offshoot of Derbyshire County Cricket Club in an attempt to give players and supporters a winter interest as well as secure the cricket club extra revenue. The original intention was to name the club Derbyshire County F.C. to highlight the link, though the Derbyshire FA, formed in 1883, objected on the grounds it was too long.

OMG they should have stuck to cricket.

did they not win a European Cup?

OMG they should have stuck to cricket.

did they not win a European Cup?

No, they were eliminated in a semi final by Italian giants Juventus. Brian Clough took them from zeroes to heroes n the 70's and won the league with them. Part of this story is featured in the book and film "The Damned United"

I guess this thread will be drawing to a conclusion after Saturday. My season finished over three weeks ago!

Looking forward to the Barca v Man Utd game on Saturday, not fussed who wins just want to see a great game of football.