aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

What a load of snobbery about Wigan, read what your writing! its ridiculous. ooh ooh dont fill their stadium, shouldn't be there, not a big enough club etc. what claptrap! Just cos their small and unfashionable you don't think they should be there. Makes me mad, really does. Ok so you have to thank Dave Whelan for bankrolling and paying the bills. The stadium looked pretty darn full for the game against West Ham.

Blackburn are a terrible example of a 'proper' club anyways. Saying you hope Wigan go down because they shouldn't be there cos their not big enough, you may as well say strip Blackburn of their 1995 title as they're not big enough to be premier league winners. They completely were bankrolled to the title back then by Jack Walker.

I don't think people are saying they aren't big enough. It's more that their supporters don't turn up and arent as passionate. It's a well known fact that rugby comes first in wigan. There are more than enough people in the area to fill the dw, they just choose to follow egg chasing instead.

Today I found out that Trevor Benjamin is the manager of Morpeth Town FC - my local non league side - who I saw play pre-season friendlies against giants of Scottish football QotS and Berwick Rangers in my youth. He's played for 29 different clubs in his career. Journeyman!

The latter part of that paragraph read like an OptaJoe stat. Love those one word sign-offs. Nifty.

Yeah I think everyone can agree that Blackburn can Fuck off.

I want them to stay up; purely because I reckon Aaron Doran (who has just completed a 5 month loan with ICT) will be less likely to get a start if they are in the EPL. He's already stated he'd love to return to ICT, so for that reason I would like Blackburn to survive.

I'd love Birmingham to go down, to relegate McLeish, who jumped ship from Scotland as soon as a mediocre EPL team came along. Barry Ferguson being relegated would also be a fantastic thing :up:

Which leaves one more...

Blackpool = I'd be gutted for Holloway to be off the tellybox. Their high scoring games have been brilliant to watch as well. It would mean Charlie Adam's summer transfer would be for less 's though, meaning Rangers get less of a sell on fee... :finger:

Wigan = Similar reasons to those listed by others. I hate rugby :down:

This man has got to be one of the nicest guys around:

Nobby-Solano.jpg

Nolberto Albino "Nobby" Solano Todco (born 12 December 1974 in Callao, Peru) is a Peruvian football player, who currently plays for League 1 side Hartlepool United. He has spent much of his career in the English Premier League and also played 95 times for Peru between 1994 and 2009. He is a popular figure in his native Peru, where he is seen as one of the most famous Peruvians, appearing on a postage stamp, telephone cards and having his wedding televised live.

His talents in football range from accurate crosses to accomplished dead-ball skills and he has traditionally played either on the right wing, or as a right back during his career. He is the first choice player to take corner and direct free kicks. Solano is the first Peruvian to play in the Premier League and the FA Cup Final. He is also an accomplished trumpet player and has set up his own Salsa band, The Geordie Latinos. He has described himself as an "adopted Geordie."

Geordie Latinos - Welcome

Nolberto-Solano2.jpg

Toot toot.

F966EE20-A72A-C764-0A3C0B735DFED6D8.jpg

TOOT TOOT!

Solano does seem like a super nice guy. So does Odemwingie, and Salomon Kalou. Top three football nice guys. Managers don't count in that list, cos if they did, it would be Martinez at the top. I bet he doesn't even shout at his players in the dressing room. They all just sit in a circle and drink cartons of milk.

Today I found out that Trevor Benjamin is the manager of Morpeth Town FC - my local non league side - who I saw play pre-season friendlies against giants of Scottish football QotS and Berwick Rangers in my youth. He's played for 29 different clubs in his career. Journeyman!

Ha ha ha good old Trevor Benjamin, a Cambridge United legend. It still amuses us we managed to get a million quid for him!!!!!

I don't think people are saying they aren't big enough. It's more that their supporters don't turn up and arent as passionate. It's a well known fact that rugby comes first in wigan. There are more than enough people in the area to fill the dw, they just choose to follow egg chasing instead.

This is true, it really didn't make me that mad the comments people made about Wigan! Once Dave Whelan pulls out they'll be cream crackered anyway and will end up back in the lower leagues unless they can find another wealthy backer. He writes off a massive amount of their debt each season. I do like Martinez though, seems a right proper gentlemen and his English is better than most of us on here!

Even if Blackpool do go down, Match Of The Day's loss will be The Football League Show's gain providing Holloway doesn't quit of course!

There's video of his band on YouTube somewhere.

Footballers who do music:

Nobby s

Morten gamst

Ryan babel

Kevin rutkeweizcxczzz

Clint Dempsey

Asamosa gyan

Who else?

Slaven Bilic is a metal guitarist. Waddle and Hoddle. Erm, Stevie Thompson.

Here's one for ya (courtesy of Four-Four-Two): Which former Aberdeen star appeared twice on the same episode of Top of the Pops?

Fucking hell, that's an epic career he's had -

19952000 Cambridge United 123 (35)

20002005 Leicester City 81 (11)

20012002 ? Crystal Palace (loan) 6 (1)

2002 ? Norwich City (loan) 6 (0)

2002 ? West Bromwich Albion (loan) 3 (1)

2003 ? Gillingham (loan) 4 (1)

20032004 ? Rushden & Diamonds (loan) 6 (1)

2004 ? Brighton & Hove Albion (loan) 10 (5)

20042005 ? Northampton Town (loan) 4 (2)

2005 Northampton Town 1 (0)

2005 Coventry City 12 (1)

20052007 Peterborough United 47 (8)

2005 ? Watford (loan) 2 (0)

2006 ? Swindon Town (loan) 8 (2)

2007 ? Boston United (loan) 3 (0)

2007 ? Walsall (loan) 8 (2)

20072008 Hereford United 34 (10)

2008 Gainsborough Trinity 3 (0)

2008 Northwich Victoria 2 (0)

2008 Hednesford Town 1 (0)

20082009 Wellingborough Town 2 (1)