aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

It's not being shown on BBC Scotland?

The nats work quickly.

Nope, they're showing "Thirteen Days" instead, which comparatively no-one will watch. It's on itv though.

If Birmingham, Wigan and West Ham go down, that is a ridiculous amount of very good individual players getting relegated. Premier League has been ace this year. It's so tight down the bottom end, and the teams aren't the top haven't separated from the pack that much either.

Liverpool are getting twatted at the moment too. Great day.

What is it with WHam and ridiculous managerial decision-making? They punted both Zola and Grant one year into four year megadeals. Looks like punting Curbishley was even more of a joke decision than it seemed at the time.

I think MoN might fancy the challenge.

Mind you West Ham have still only had 15 managers in their history and up until 1989 had only had 5! Di Canio looks a disaster waiting to happen but would keep the fans quiet for a bit I guess! Problem is they had too many 30 something players getting a last pay day and Grant isn't the best motivator of players by all accounts.

Wonder if any other manager has taken different clubs down in successive seasons?

Mind you West Ham have still only had 15 managers in their history and up until 1989 had only had 5! Di Canio looks a disaster waiting to happen but would keep the fans quiet for a bit I guess! Problem is they had too many 30 something players getting a last pay day and Grant isn't the best motivator of players by all accounts.

Wonder if any other manager has taken different clubs down in successive seasons?

Don't really think you can blame Avram for Pompey, Sir Alex himself would have struggled to keep a team up that's desperately trying to bin all it's assets in order to stay in business. Right enough though, circumstances or not it does go down in the record books.

While googling delboy's stat I found this. Interesting. Sounds like McLeish is losing the fans at Birmingham:

We Deserve To Be Relegated, McLeish Is A Truly Awful Manager.

We Deserve To Be Relegated, McLeish Is A Truly Awful Manager

-

He's assembled a side that cannot attack and can no longer defend

-

i just hope we get a decent manager in to take us back up in what is going to be an extremely difficult league.

-

You get what you deserve in this game. We have what we deserved. End of. No positives, no smiley happy clappy stuff. We are gone. And all I want now is rid of McLeish, and an attack minded manager in so we can at least play with a smile on our face and a bit of freedom

-

I have been reserved about eck because I think there have been a lot of jerking knees over him but frankly you're right. We have never been able to attack with any panache or dominance, relying on nicking goal from set pieces (and the odd Gardner wonder strike), but we accepted it because he kept us a solid defensive unit. However, this season not only have we been dull as ever to watch, we have also suffered dreadful results. Strikers that can't score, defenders constantly giving away cheap goals; playing 451, a formation he uses to keep it tight at the back, and on two occasions getting mullered by 5.

-

I think its time for a new manager even if we stay up - especially so in fact!!!!!!!

-

BCFC: Sh*te ground, team, manager and the fans have had enough, just look at the attendances.

-

Sorry big Eck but in your first season you couldn't motivate the team to beat the sides around us to keep us up and yes we had a great unbeaten spell last season but since it ended our record is woeful. The Carling cup papered over many cracks and it's time for him to go.

While googling delboy's stat I found this. Interesting. Sounds like McLeish is losing the fans at Birmingham:

We Deserve To Be Relegated, McLeish Is A Truly Awful Manager.

Any team that is in a relegation battle are gonna have sections of the support who are calling for the manager's head. B'ham have had some really bad luck with injuries and suspensions and I also think it's no coincidence that they started leaking goals when Joe Hart got called back to city. Eck's not a bad manager by any means and looking at his team's form over his time in charge lets anyone see that. Zigic was a bad signing but apart from that I can't see where's he's gone wrong. Every time I watch b'ham they just seem a bit unlucky. They do have a tendancy to lie back and let the bigger teams roll over them though.

Birmingham need a bit of investment if they stay up.

Decent cover at centre half, a right back that's not 70 years old, a couple of creative midfielders that aren't Aliaxandr Hleb and a striker that'll get 15-20 goals a season.

Scott Dann and Roger Johnson are excellent centre backs - and it was mentioned on MOTD2 on Sunday (think it was Lawro), that it's no coincidence that since Dann has been out injured Birmingham have started leaking more goals than usual