aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

They're only kids!! The Daily Record described them as the "Dyslexic Loyal". What if they actually are?! I'm sure the 'journalist' would feel bad then!

It was such a tiny banner compared to the bigger ones last night that I didn't even notice it!

Tonight I am turning into a Hearts fan... one night only, just like Caley Thistle last week.

What a weird attempt at a punch as well!! I've tried 3 times now to describe the movement his body made, but I'm still stumped.

ICT getting our bi-annual home win v. Hibs. 2-0 up so far, which apparently leaves Hibs unable to get above their lowest ever SPL points total.

yfrog Video : http://yfrog.com/0gs0zz - Uploaded by xbirchy

^^^ See what I mean about the weird punch!?

A rush of blood, went for the haymaker knockout blow and fell on his arse. He could have just dunted him when he ran up to him but he went for the spectacular. What a fuckin clown. This is all getting a tad out of hand. Guns, bombs, and now this. Shamefull stuff and it's dragging the name of scottish football down the pan.

:swearing::swearing:

Guest Gladstone

Just another example that all football fans have their fucking idiots. I'm not defending any disgusting behaviour by Celtic fans (or Rangers fans) because I know it happens, but I've said it before - I've heard worse things from the Richard Donald Stand than from anything in the Celtic end. This guy tonight is just a fucking bell end. The commentator just summed it up: "what can you do about these sorts of people?"

What can you do? Fucking arseholes.

Lennon got a couple of decent kicks in, so I do hope the guy's suffering a wee bit in the cells. Fucking idiot.

Just another example that all football fans have their fucking idiots. I'm not defending any disgusting behaviour by Celtic fans (or Rangers fans) because I know it happens, but I've said it before - I've heard worse things from the Richard Donald Stand than from anything in the Celtic end. This guy tonight is just a fucking bell end. The commentator just summed it up: "what can you do about these sorts of people?"

What can you do? Fucking arseholes.

What is the point of this line in this argument?

Is there a reason you used this as a chance to have a go at Aberdeen fans?

Guest Gladstone

I missed most of the game tonight - so Commons got sent off for a second yellow for celebrating. I fucking hate that rule. All he did was hug his own fans. I know it's a rule and the ref has to adhere to it, but it's a stupid rule.

Fucking hell - I'm watching the replays of that fucking cunt trying to lamp Lennon. The shit Lennon has had to deal with this season is just ridiculous. I said I wouldn't speak about Lennon again, but he does NOT deserve any of the shit he's putting up with this season.

At times he hasn't conducted himself with the dignity that a football manager should have, but do you blame the guy for getting wound up when he's dealing with this fucking shit ALL THE TIME.

And I'm not buying it anymore that this has all came about because Lennon was a bit of a "tink" on the pitch, or a bit "prickly" or aggressive - this has all stemmed from the bigotry that started when a high profile Northern Irish catholic signed for Celtic and didn't shy away from the attention.

Neil Lennon must be completely unable to relax at any time on or off the pitch from now on and that is a fucking disgrace.

Hearts fans are a bunch of animals.

EDIT: After an old firm a wee while ago, Rangers got 3 red cards and Lennon and McCoist had a bit of a shouty exchange of words and the whole country was calling the old firm "Scotland's Shame" and saying we should be chucked out, games behind closed doors etc.

This is a million times worse, and nobody will suggest that Hearts should play their games behind closed doors.

Guest Gladstone
Lennon got a couple of decent kicks in, so I do hope the guy's suffering a wee bit in the cells. Fucking idiot.

What is the point of this line in this argument?

Is there a reason you used this as a chance to have a go at Aberdeen fans?

No - it's not having a go at Aberdeen fans. The Aberdeen end is the only other end I've stood in apart from Celtic so it's the only comparison I can make.

My point is - and I use Aberdeen fans as an example because I'm discussing it with Aberdeen fans on this site - that Celtic (and Rangers) fans get accused of being so fucking heinous all the time, but what I've heard from the only other set of fans I've ever sat with (and I've done it quite a few times), they are every bit as bad as the Celtic fans and sometimes a bit worse. I'm sure if I sat in amongst Hearts fans, Dundee Utd fans, Hibs fans etc it would be the same.

My argument is that all teams have a set of bellends in their stands, and is not confined to Celtic and Rangers. Another example tonight from Hearts fans acting disgracefully - worse than anything I've seen from Aberdeen fans.

At times he hasn't conducted himself with the dignity that a football manager should have, but do you blame the guy for getting wound up when he's dealing with this fucking shit ALL THE TIME.

I think this is a bit of a vicious circle. He gets this shit because he gets wound up but he gets wound up because he gets shit. Quite frankly, Lennon hasn't conducted himself with dignity this season, he's a manager and standing in front of TV cameras blaming refs and accusing other teams of not trying and if he didn't do this I'm sure the abuse he gets would decrease. This has quite clearly resulted from his recent comments about Hearts not trying against Rangers.

I stated this before a few weeks ago but I can't stand Neil Lennon but am happy to leave this in a footballing sense and treat him as a panto villian rather than anything else. Unfortunately, you get knuckle draggers like this Hearts fan who feel the need to take swings at him...unless Neil Lennon drowned his dog or something, then maybe he deserves a shoeing.

No - it's not having a go at Aberdeen fans. The Aberdeen end is the only other end I've stood in apart from Celtic so it's the only comparison I can make.

My point is - and I use Aberdeen fans as an example because I'm discussing it with Aberdeen fans on this site - that Celtic (and Rangers) fans get accused of being so fucking heinous all the time, but what I've heard from the only other set of fans I've ever sat with (and I've done it quite a few times), they are every bit as bad as the Celtic fans and sometimes a bit worse. I'm sure if I sat in amongst Hearts fans, Dundee Utd fans, Hibs fans etc it would be the same.

My argument is that all teams have a set of bellends in their stands, and is not confined to Celtic and Rangers. Another example tonight from Hearts fans acting disgracefully - worse than anything I've seen from Aberdeen fans.

Are you being serious?

From the TV coverage it was clear that there were thousands of Celtic fans singing IRA songs, singing FTQ and singing about orange b*stards. Ive been a season ticket holder at Aberdeen for the past couple of seasons and although I have heard the odd idiotic comment, you will not get hundred, or thousands of fans singing the sort of bile Celtic fans sing on a regular occasion.

It is also the case that Celtic fans were fighting with police and stewards inside the ground tonight, but I have no doubt that it will be swept under the carpet.

Guest Gladstone
I think this is a bit of a vicious circle. He gets this shit because he gets wound up but he gets wound up because he gets shit. Quite frankly, Lennon hasn't conducted himself with dignity this season, he's a manager and standing in front of TV cameras blaming refs and accusing other teams of not trying and if he didn't do this I'm sure the abuse he gets would decrease. This has quite clearly resulted from his recent comments about Hearts not trying against Rangers.

I stated this before a few weeks ago but I can't stand Neil Lennon but am happy to leave this in a footballing sense and treat him as a panto villian rather than anything else. Unfortunately, you get knuckle draggers like this Hearts fan who feel the need to take swings at him...unless Neil Lennon drowned his dog or something, then maybe he deserves a shoeing.

Yeah - I agree with you.

I think there could be a bit of a chicken and egg argument, but I'm convinced the abuse started when he was a player when he first signed for Celtic and it's gone from there.

I'll go back to my Richard Donald stand example to just to illustrate a point. I was in that stand when Celtic played the Dons on Tommy Gravesen's debut, and Gravesen took fucking pelters all game just for being a high profile player. Now it wasn't anything worse than "Gravesen you baldy fucking cunt, you're shite" etc etc. (which rang true of his time at Celtic...)

This sort of thing happened up and down the country with Lennon and instead of just ignoring it, Lennon reacted. On top of that, he was an aggressive player as was previously mentioned and then there was all the shit related to his Northern Irish catholic roots, which led to death threats (when he was a player). That's when the vicious circle started.

I think Lennon doesn't want to shy away from it because he'll view that as letting the bigots win. I can see the point, in that he should be able to get on with his job without putting up with that shit. If he steps out of line (which he has a few times this season), the SFA should deal with him, not every opposition fan up and down the country.

The media blows everything he does out of all proportion as well. I said earlier about the comparison with Craig Brown's incident. That incident was very similar to the Lennon/McCoist incident. Walter Smith, Jim Jeffries and Craig Brown have also openly criticised refereeing decisions for penalties this season, but nobody has batted an eyelid. I know they did it quietly in interviews whereas Lennon did it by getting up in the linesman's face etc. which is all wrong. But the reaction to what Lennon does is just all out of proportion and it adds to this unbelievable hatred towards him.

I wouldn't mind people thinking Lennon is a bit of a cunt - they are entitled to, but that's as far as it should ever go. It's somehow become acceptable to post shit on facebook saying he should die etc etc (I've seen Rangers supporting mates posting that sort of bollocks and their Rangers supporting mates "liking" it etc). It's just fucking ridiculous. Then you get the really stupid people seeing all this and thinking "I know, I'll be a hero if I jump the stand and smack him" or in a more extreme case "I'll blow the cunt up at Lennoxtown".

I'm fucking seething right now as you've probably gathered from my ranting.

IT'S A FUCKING GAME OF FOOTBALL.

Guest Gladstone
Are you being serious?

From the TV coverage it was clear that there were thousands of Celtic fans singing IRA songs, singing FTQ and singing about orange b*stards. Ive been a season ticket holder at Aberdeen for the past couple of seasons and although I have heard the odd idiotic comment, you will not get hundred, or thousands of fans singing the sort of bile Celtic fans sing on a regular occasion.

It is also the case that Celtic fans were fighting with police and stewards inside the ground tonight, but I have no doubt that it will be swept under the carpet.

I'm being serious - just going from what I have witnessed myself.

I didn't watch the entire game tonight - so I didn't hear the songs. I'm not saying it didn't happen though.

I'm talking about my time in the stands - I must have always sat in a quiet end at Celtic Park.

I'll be honest, I haven't heard the orange bastard song for ages - that's unacceptable - and so is fighting with the police. I didn't know about that.

EDIT: Where did you see/hear the Celtic fans were fighting with police and stewards?

I'm being serious - just going from what I have witnessed myself.

I didn't watch the entire game tonight - so I didn't hear the songs. I'm not saying it didn't happen though.

I'm talking about my time in the stands - I must have always sat in a quiet end at Celtic Park.

I'll be honest, I haven't heard the orange bastard song for ages - that's unacceptable - and so is fighting with the police. I didn't know about that.

EDIT: Where did you see/hear the Celtic fans were fighting with police and stewards?

The commentator on sky mentioned the fighting. The BBC sport website also mentioned it, stating "Trouble then broke out in the Celtic section of the ground between fans and police."

Neil Lennon does not deserve to be attacked while doing his job. Nobody does. However, he is no innocent victim in all this; there is a damn good reason why he is being targeted in a way that no other footballer/manager in recent years has. With his pathetic posturing and touchline antics, not to mention his continual conspiracy theories in the media, he appeals to the most soft-headed of football fans. This kind of tribalism (we are the good guys and the rest of the world is against us) will in turn provoke reactions from the most soft-headed of opposing fans. What the Hearts fan did was inexcusable and they thoroughly deserve a points deduction but Lennon is no cuddly innocent victim.

Celtic have broken the British record for most penalties awarded in a single season, but the officials are obviously against them. It is this kind of bone-headed, ludicrous garbage that makes your average football fan roll their eyes and rant about it in the pub/on the internet, but it is no surprise that the most idiotic of people will want to do something about it (which inevitably means violence). If you spend all of your time pandering to the most tribalisitic (dunno if that's a real word) of your own fans, surely it is logical that the most tribalisitc opposing fans will take matters into their own hands.

And WRT Gladstone's claims that Pittodrie houses worse crowd behaviour than Celtic Park...words fail me. Obviously there is no way to prove it, but I think that even your own supporters would laugh at that claim. It is absurd and utterly, utterly wrong.

Guest Gladstone
Neil Lennon does not deserve to be attacked while doing his job. Nobody does. However, he is no innocent victim in all this; there is a damn good reason why he is being targeted in a way that no other footballer/manager in recent years has. With his pathetic posturing and touchline antics, not to mention his continual conspiracy theories in the media, he appeals to the most soft-headed of football fans. This kind of tribalism (we are the good guys and the rest of the world is against us) will in turn provoke reactions from the most soft-headed of opposing fans. What the Hearts fan did was inexcusable and they thoroughly deserve a points deduction but Lennon is no cuddly innocent victim.

Celtic have broken the British record for most penalties awarded in a single season, but the officials are obviously against them. It is this kind of bone-headed, ludicrous garbage that makes your average football fan roll their eyes and rant about it in the pub/on the internet, but it is no surprise that the most idiotic of people will want to do something about it (which inevitably means violence). If you spend all of your time pandering to the most tribalisitic (dunno if that's a real word) of your own fans, surely it is logical that the most tribalisitc opposing fans will take matters into their own hands.

And WRT Gladstone's claims that Pittodrie houses worse crowd behaviour than Celtic Park...words fail me. Obviously there is no way to prove it, but I think that even your own supporters would laugh at that claim. It is absurd and utterly, utterly wrong.

Right - we're never ever going to agree on that one.

My Aberdeen supporting best mate from when we were kids has just posted on facebook that the fact it was Neil Lennon makes it acceptable for the Hearts fan to jump on and try to lamp him.