aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Loves the international stage. He's the right man for the job though. He's not going win anything with Turkey anyway. I'm sure Roman could buy out his contract clause, as well as the entire country of Turkey.

It'll be interesting to see if Chelsea get rid of Drogba just to accomodate Torres, who has been piss poor for 2 years now, whilst Drogba has been solid for ages. If I was a Chelsea fan, I'd be annoyed if Drogba was given the boot. His goal against United the other night has been severely overlooked. Great control whilst turning 180 degrees and great finish. What a striker.

Sure Roman could buy out a contract but Guus is an honourable chap. I don't think he's ever broken a contract.

It's not that Torres is wrong for Chelsea just that he's playing shit and has been for a long time. I think it will work out for him. I hope Drogba isn't sacrificed to make it happen though.

He's very similar to Drogba though. I can't see them operating together unless one of them alters their game a little, and that could hinder what makes both strikers so dynamic in the first place. I don't think they should have bought Torres. They should have kept on persuing the likes of Aguero or Neymar. Wide strikers who can poach as well, and also just walk through players like they're not even there. Silks, as Rio would say.

Martin Bain, yet again, proclaiming that his club are already doing all they can to combat bigotry.

Even if that were true (which it isn't), it's too little too late. Those cunts have been actively stoking the flames for years whilst cynically masqerading it as something innocent e.g. the commemerative orange strip to "honour their dutch stars".....the vile adaptation of Simply the Best at every home game while the club turned a blind eye. Year upon year upon year of utter filth sung and shouted from Rangers fans at every away ground in the country, and nothing ever happens.

Rangers are a big fish in a small pond in Scottish terms.....in European terms though, they're fuck all. Hopefully UEFA show the sort of bravery in punishing them that the SFA never has.

Guest idol_wild
Martin Bain, yet again, proclaiming that his club are already doing all they can to combat bigotry.

Even if that were true (which it isn't), it's too little too late. Those cunts have been actively stoking the flames for years whilst cynically masqerading it as something innocent e.g. the commemerative orange strip to "honour their dutch stars".....the vile adaptation of Simply the Best at every home game while the club turned a blind eye. Year upon year upon year of utter filth sung and shouted from Rangers fans at every away ground in the country, and nothing ever happens.

Rangers are a big fish in a small pond in Scottish terms.....in European terms though, they're fuck all. Hopefully UEFA show the sort of bravery in punishing them that the SFA never has.

Agreed. I find it really difficult to get over-emotional or wound up about anything to do with Scottish football anymore, but reading that article made me spit. It's just that quote that I alluded to - they genuinely think there is some sort of campaign against them? That they are the victims?

Fuck off, Rangers. Take everything associated with your club, including every last supporter, with you. The world would be a significantly better and morally adjusted environment without you. Just fuck off.

I think it would be much more productive for UEFA to fine the SFA for not doin their job regarding Rangers disgusting behaviour at every away game they've played for the last few seasons. If the SFA carried our their threat of docking points for signing instead of choosing to ignore the songs which are CLEARLY audible at the games and on tv, then the club and fans might actually do something about it!

I think it was isreal or somewhere similar that had a problem with fan behaviour and their authorities agreed a no tolerance approach; where anyone stepped put of line they were given a 2 year jail sentence. Overnight the trouble stopped, as most fans didn't want to lose their jobs over a football match. I have a funny feeling a lot of the middle class Rangers fans that attend these games an sing the songs would follow suit. There will always be that scummy minority who will continue their attitude, but the more underground they are the less us fans of otter clubs have to see or hear them.

/rant.

• Upvote 1

Oh god a nervy afternoon for me tomorrow, Cambridge still not safe from relegation from the blue square premier and a massive six pointer away at fellow strugglers forest green rovers. its not a happy hunting ground for us, a win and we're almost safe, draw leaves us in limbo whilst defeat means we are well and truly in the brown stuff.

too many of our fans think we're too good to go down. actually we're not. most worried and concerned.

Why is there no lunch time game today? I've had nothing to do today. Don't the schedulers consider me? I've ended up cleaning my flat. Even mopping.

Thankfully it's all good from here on. I'm going to watch Torres score 5 goals against West Brom then the cup semi-final and Madrid - Barca later.

El Clasico doesn't seem that big of deal though today with the bigger matches still to come.

Why is there no lunch time game today? I've had nothing to do today. Don't the schedulers consider me? I've ended up cleaning my flat. Even mopping.

Thankfully it's all good from here on. I'm going to watch Torres score 5 goals against West Brom then the cup semi-final and Madrid - Barca later.

El Clasico doesn't seem that big of deal though today with the bigger matches still to come.

You only just got to see Torres play 5 minutes. Did he score a goal a minute? Did he score a goal at all? The answer to all of those questions is No. Even Kalou scored. Kalou! and Kalou's fucking rubbish.

Torres' form is dire at the moment, that is the point of what I'm saying here.

He DID score!

Just offside is all. Nice touch and movement round the keeper all the same.

Except it's not the same. It wouldn't have counted.

He got set up from a free kick when it would have counted. Air shot.

City are lining up with a forward three of Silva, Johnson and Mad Man Mario. I can happily want them to win today now.

Good luck to anyone heading to Hampden today! Unless you're of a Celtic persuasion of course.

I'm feeling strangely confident, given the 17-1 aggregate score. It's now or never for some of these Aberdeen players, and we've had our eye on this game ever since scraping through against St.Mirren. Also, I feel Celtic were in their best form of the season when we got them those 3 times in quick succession - they haven't been playing as good as that in recent weeks from what I've seen.

Come On You Reds.

• Upvote 1

It's weird to think I went to primary with Paul Hanlon. We were at the same table of 6 people in P7 and I was friends with him til we went to different high schools. I've achieved nothing until I finish uni and he's captaining Hibs today!

I shagged Andrew Considine's bird when he was on holiday and now he's captaining Aberdeen! My friend Scott and I also put him and his mate out of cuppy in the park in Banchory a couple of summers ago.

I really hate Celtic.

I was listening on the radio while studying. When the got the 2nd penalty I broke my earphones yanking them out of the computer. At least I have an excuse for not listening to the rest. Sounds like we put up a fight, but ultimately I'm very depressed. Christ, that's 4-0. Opinions on the penalties. It sounded as if the second one was soft?