aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Off to Abbey Stadium to watch Cambridge United v York City this afternoon in glorious East Anglian sunshine. Hoping we can build on Tuesday's encouraging draw against high flying Luton Town but knowing my hapless football team we'll play shit and get trounced. One win in twelve edges us nearer to the BSP relegation zone although the teams below are even more woefully shit than what we are which is pretty fucking impressive.

We're still managerless and surely its a no-brainer to give me the job. After a hiatus of three months finally got Football Manager 2011 working again and have turned Cambridge United into a promotion chasing Championship side. I'd be cheap as well!

Dunno whats happening in the rest of the football world today admittedly although I believe a couple of tinpot teams called Celtic and Rangers are due to play tomorrow....

Almunia looked absolutely gutted after that howler today. Arsenal's defense is a joke and it's gonna cost them the league. When you think back to Keown, Adams, Winterburn and the other one (bould?), they haven't really replaced any of them bar Sol. Koscielny is in no way fit to be a professional footballer and Squillaci might just be a bit worse. I bet Wenger's gutted he gave Gallas the punt now, he's been their only decent defender since big Sol. Vermaelen looked awesome but he's fucked for the season. It's a crying shame because in the attacking third they are a joy to watch and deserve more.

Had an eye on the Bolton match too today. Every time I looked Bolton looked in control. I like Owen Coyle, hope he goes on to get success either with Bolton or a top side.

Had an eye on the Bolton match too today. Every time I looked Bolton looked in control. I like Owen Coyle, hope he goes on to get success either with Bolton or a top side.

Really? I watched the whole thing, and apart from 2 or 3 good crosses and blundered headers, United were the better team, but only slightly. The back four and midfield was atrocious with all the injuries, but they still looked more likely of scoring than Bolton, but there was just no final ball. In the second half, Bolton barely even got in United's half. United should have had a penalty in the first half though. Gary Cahill palmed the ball away like a goalkeeper whilst his arm was stretched in the air. The shot was hitting the target too. Daft decision.

I've slagged him off all season, and most of last, but Carrick was superb. The middle was clustered with Rooney, Valencia and Nani playing free roles, but he was really stretching the play. Giggs had a howler though. He always does in midfield, and he;s just not suited for it. Despite his age, he's still better as a winger.

Shite game in general. Wish I'd have watched the Arsenal game.

Cup final was reasonably entertaining, though not the result I was hoping for. Terrible dive from Jelavic in the first half. Should be a red card offence IMO, it's blatant cheating.

Not the result I thought we'd get, however, bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy la la la la la and all that. Dead chuffed. Maurice Edu is just fucking dreadful though. My brother actually winced when he moved to right back. Gave the ball away all over the pitch.

Two of the jammiest goals I have ever seen Rangers score. Jelavic's was a yard away from the line before it curled back in! Mental.

Not the result I thought we'd get, however, bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy la la la la la and all that. Dead chuffed. Maurice Edu is just fucking dreadful though. My brother actually winced when he moved to right back. Gave the ball away all over the pitch.

Two of the jammiest goals I have ever seen Rangers score. Jelavic's was a yard away from the line before it curled back in! Mental.

Edu is actually atrocious!!!

So very happy after today! Thought my poor dad was going to keel over after all that drama!!

From a Liverpool forum

In this series Skeletor (Ferguson) is a former pupil of Hordak (Bobby Charlton), leader of the Evil Horde. When Hordak and his Horde invaded Eternia (Premier league) and stormed the palace (Anfield), Hordak broke in and kidnapped one of the Kings (Dalglish) European cups (The original one) Man-At-Arms (Rafa Benitez) and the Royal Guard (Steven Gerrard) captured Hordak's apprentice, Skeletor, and forced him to divulge the whereabouts of his master, who had retreated to his base of operations, Snake Mountain (Old Trafford ) When cornered, Hordak opened up a random dimensional portal and leaped through with the European cup in is possession.Skeletor remained on Eternia, raised an army of powerful minions(The FA) of his own and took over as ruler of Snake Mountain.Skeletor's main goal is to conquer the mysterious fortress of Castle Grayskull (The Kop), from which He-Man (Dalglish) draws his powers. If he succeeds, Skeletor would be able to conquer not only Eternia but the whole universe (Europe)

Good Will Always Conquer Evil, He-Man (Dalglish) Will prevail.

Maguire rejects Dons deal | Sky Sports | Football | Scottish Premier | News

Looks like he's got his heart set on a BIG MOVE to League One. Good luck to him, but disappointing he's not seen the benefit in staying for at least another season. Another year of first team under his belt and he'll be a much better player (and would make Aberdeen a tasty enough transfer fee to make it worthwhile for both parties IMO).

Maguire rejects Dons deal | Sky Sports | Football | Scottish Premier | News

Looks like he's got his heart set on a BIG MOVE to League One. Good luck to him, but disappointing he's not seen the benefit in staying for at least another season. Another year of first team under his belt and he'll be a much better player (and would make Aberdeen a tasty enough transfer fee to make it worthwhile for both parties IMO).

"Chris has been at Aberdeen for ten years and maybe the time is right for a new challenge."

Hmmmmm

6 years as a child given a fantastic opportunity to become a professional footballer

1 year as a promising youngsters with a lot to learn

2 years on the periphery of first team football

6 months on loan to Kilmarnock

8 months as a top player

Thanks for your outstanding ten years of service you arrogant little prick.

Agents are fucking scum bags.

Guest idol_wild
"Chris has been at Aberdeen for ten years and maybe the time is right for a new challenge."

Hmmmmm

6 years as a child given a fantastic opportunity to become a professional footballer

1 year as a promising youngsters with a lot to learn

2 years on the periphery of first team football

6 months on loan to Kilmarnock

8 months as a top player

Thanks for your outstanding ten years of service you arrogant little prick.

Agents are fucking scum bags.

Maguire's been okay, on the whole, this season - but "top" player? He's not even a top SPL player.

I see this kid moving to a club like Notts County, and failing completely, because they won't give him the year or two he'll need to settle and adapt to a higher level of football.

I really do believe Chris Maguire owes Aberdeen a fucking lot. In my estimation (and I've made no secret of this), he has been an abomination of a footballer until he picked his game up a little this season, and still, ultimately, has an absolute shitload to prove.

I am utterly apathetic about this. Maguire while an improvement on previous seasons is still lightweight, still thinks he's better than he is, still has an attitude problem and still doesn't have enough end product. He's totally replaceable.

He's got the raw talent, but as with many of his predecessors, he doesn't have the brains to realise how good an opportunity he's got at Aberdeen and to go tell his money-grabbing bastard agent to go and roger himself.

Pretty terrible IMO, the amount of time, money and effort we've invested in him developing him as a footballer, probably 6-7 years training before he was even near the first team in the hope that he might succeed, plus a few years bringing him through gently and now that he's broken into the first team and had one good season he's going to jump ship the minute a "big money move " comes along. And do so in such a manner that we can't even make some back money off him. He can get fucked, the little cunt, I'm going to boo him for the rest of the season.