aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

P.S. You need to issue a come and get me plea through the Evening Express to even be considered. Despite what you may have heard this is the only official application process.

If that is the offical process, then it's even flimsier than his houses. Come on SM, stop wasting your time on that old pensioner and get me in. My wage demands are very modest.

Guest idol_wild

I don't believe Craig Brown will take the Aberdeen job, because he'd be unlikely to take the job without Archie Knox as his right hand man. And given that Mark McGhee is very close to Knox (Knox is McGhee's first born's Godfather, apparently), I doubt very much that Knox would go back to Pittodrie. Besides, apparently McGhee has put Knox very much off the idea anyway, expressing his considerable sour grapes to him.

Pardew was quoted as saying for one of his reasons for taking the Newcastle job as.

At least that'll endear him to some of the deluded fan base. ;)

Lazy football troll is lazy.

Alan Pardew. Jesus, it's come to this. He has my full support (as any new Newcastle manager does), but this is just such a stupid move. I honestly cannot understand what was going through Ashley's head when he decided to bin Hughton (who was doing an excellent job) and replace him with a Championship-calibre manager. Fucking hell.

According to AFC Chat Chick Young reckons Brown has changed his mind and will be the next AFC manager.

Aye him and Traynor were on sportsound earlier convinced he was on his way to Pittodrie. Supposedly they were going to elaborate during "Beyond the SPL" but I've been listening to this pish for an hour now and there's been no mention.

Thing that made me chuckle is Pardew has been given a five and a half year contract. I expect him to last a year tops. An absolute joke of an appointment and should he not win his first ten games by at least four goals a game whoever the opposition, the toon army will turn on him bigstyle!

Thing that made me chuckle is Pardew has been given a five and a half year contract. I expect him to last a year tops. An absolute joke of an appointment and should he not win his first ten games by at least four goals a game whoever the opposition, the toon army will turn on him bigstyle!

He's got a tricky start as well, Liverpool at home, Birmingham away, Man City at home, Spurs away.