aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

We really don't think we have a God given right to finish high in the league. Personally I just feel that if we have bigger crowds, bigger budgets and are paying bigger wages, then those players should be preforming better than teams that aren't doing these things.

It's certainly the impression all other SPL club fans get from the Aberdeen support. The speed at which dons fans turn on their team/manager does support it.

Also do Aberdeen have a bigger budget? I thought you were skint.

It's certainly the impression all other SPL club fans get from the Aberdeen support. The speed at which dons fans turn on their team/manager does support it.

Also do Aberdeen have a bigger budget? I thought you were skint.

I'm sure if you compared our salaries and any money spent on transfers over recent seasons it would be significantly bigger than your "Hamiltons and St. Mirrens"

Bohemians manager, right?

Bohemians are probably a better team (and club) than Aberdeen at the minute. Reckon he'd make the step down?

Aye.

He was nearly at Dundee Utd. I think, so he might be wanting to come across as the Scottish league is maybe slightly more recognised in terms of world/european football. That said, if he wants to further his career he'd do well to steer clear of Aberdeen.

Fenlon as boss with Steve Clarke as his assistant. That way we'd have a manager who has a proven record of winning things [even league games!] and an assistant who can actually coach the players. No brainer. The Dons board might not have a brain to share between them though.

Personally I just feel that if we have bigger crowds, bigger budgets and are paying bigger wages, then those players should be preforming better than teams that aren't doing these things.

Sorry, but that's OF logic at work there. :down:, might as well draw up the final league table based on who's got the biggest wage bill, etc....

Sorry, but that's OF logic at work there. :down:, might as well draw up the final league table based on who's got the biggest wage bill, etc....

Not really, of course you will have blips and the like but generally we should be more succesful than clubs operating on a fraction of a budget, Killie etc.

Is that the Old Firm who finish 1st and 2nd every season without fail and will do for all eternity because they have a bigger budget than other teams?

Fair point. You know what I meant though.

Still waiting for Stewart Milne to phone me up....

I hear ya. Obviously the difference between the Dons and the smaller teams compared to the difference between the OF and the rest is negligible. However, if we have a bigger budget for players then it should be possible, with the right person in charge, to be consistently one of the better teams in the league (I ken, should nivver have sacked JC). The fact that we are now one of, if not, theeeeeee fucking worst team in the league means that people at the club have significantly underachieved with the resources available to them. This is a legitimate cause for concern, taking of the huff and web based outcry.

There are no Dons fans that I know who expect we should finish 3rd every season. This is a myth perpetuated by our enemies! It is a realistic target to be there or thereabouts so it is disappointing that it rarely happens.

P.S. You need to issue a come and get me plea through the Evening Express to even be considered. Despite what you may have heard this is the only official application process.

"Ashley has had a lot of problems since he bought the club and his face doesn't fit," said Shepherd.

"But it is very important that [support for Pardew] happens for the team at this stage of the season. We are in 11th position and we need a couple of wins to get ourselves back into mid table."

Seems like ex-Newcastle boss Freddy Shepherd is suffering from arithmeticophobia.

Do you think you'll actually hear back from them?

(I would say: "do you think they'll bother sending you a rejection letter" but that sounds very negative)

My step-brother applied for the job when Skovdahl was sacked and he got a letter of rejection, citing the need to 'appoint a more experienced candidate'.

This whole Craig Broon saga is just plain weird.

Regarding the situation at Motherwell, he's saying:

I am not putting a gun at Motherwell's head but we have three players out of contract in January and if we thought we weren't able to keep them it would be quite depressing for us, and there is at least one guy we would like to sign.

"We might need one or two assurances but we know the financial situation and we know there isn't money aplenty to replenish the squad.

"We need a wee bit of understanding that if we want to push on and improve our position we need better resources.

"This is a terrific job we have here."

It's like he's presenting the lack of finances at Motherwell as a possible argument in favour of moving to Aberdeen. I can only put that sort of reasoning down to dementia.

His quote in the P&J today is something like 'everyone's allowed a change of heart'.

So despite ruling it out, he could still come. I don't think you can say that and not intend to leave, can you? What will the Motherwell fans think at that? Ruling it out and then saying 'actually, we're going to think about it again'. It's very much in the balance, and I hope he signs.