aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I don't get this Celtic penalty thing. I'm not even sure exactly what the lie was?

At the end of the day it wasn't a penalty, it was the right decision and Celtic won the game anyway. They should just shut the fuck up and get on with it.

I'm not 100% either, from what I understand of it, the ref gave a penalty, then changed his mind, but instead of just saying he'd changed his mind, he said in his report that it was his assistant who had told him it wasn't a pen. Or something.

If anything, the ref should be getting plaudits for actually changing his mind and getting the decision right.

I find it ironic that most managers are calling for video evidence, which will result in exactly the kind of situation that happened at Tannadice. ie. decisions being overturned. It's just total, utter fucking nonsense.

And now we've got OF players, in an act of toe-curling hypocrisy, effectively 'waving an imaginary red card' at referees by calling for them to be sacked for lying. I suppose, by analogy, that those OF fuckers are being absolute paragons of virtue when they fall over in the box like they've been snipered.

Cunts.

Is Ivanovic worried about Bosingwa coming back? No he fucking aint. The winner on Saturday and 2 goals tonight. He's the man.

I've never rated Bosingwa as much as BRANISLAV anyway. Great first name. Sounds like European cereal.

Ivanovic is solid though. I don't rate Bosingwa's defensive game as high as Ivanovic, and Ivanovic has a great all round game, considering he's a very astute centre back too. He could probably play in the hole behind Drogba and put in a sterling job. Unbelievable tekkers.

It is really great when Chelsea are on form and both Boswinga and Cole are bombing forward on each wing. But Ivanovic coming forward and scoring goals himself makes up for him not attacking as regularly. He should be given a permanent place in the team jsut for those two champions league goals against Liverpool.

At the end of the day it wasn't a penalty, it was the right decision and Celtic won the game anyway. They should just shut the fuck up and get on with it.

But then the gutter press wouldn't be able to fill up their quota of OF-related garbage for the week. It's against the law dontchaknow...

:down:

Referees are against Celtic - Gary Hooper

"We are one of the biggest teams in the world and everyone wants to beat us, all the teams," said Hooper. "The referee wants to give a decision against us so he can say something after the game."

aye min

BBC Sport - Football - Referees are against Celtic - Gary Hooper

Professional football in unintelligent and arrogant persecution complex shocker!

One of the biggest teams in the world. LOL.

It is really great when Chelsea are on form and both Boswinga and Cole are bombing forward on each wing. But Ivanovic coming forward and scoring goals himself makes up for him not attacking as regularly. He should be given a permanent place in the team jsut for those two champions league goals against Liverpool.

I didn't think it was great....I was supporting Spartak Moscow (more of a vague Scottish connection than Chelsea). :down:

I prefer Ivanovic coming forward because he's big. Not only can he behind an opposing full back, but he can use his truck-like torso to smash them into the ground. Great player to have in both boxes too.

Then there's Zhirkov for the other side, who is criminally underrated, especially defensively. He doesn't fall of any of this dropping the shoulder nonsense. He just gets the ball, always.

If anyone should be dropped, it should be Terry. Alex and Ivanovic are much better defenders. He's just got captains immunity. Terry is slow, and he spits on foreigners.

Dunno about that. Say what you like about JT as a person but he's a top quality defender. Alex gets himself into positions where he has to make tackles or rush back to joust with an onrushing striker but Terry's positional sense is flawless which means he doesn't have to work as hard. I'd like to see a blocked shot statistic too, I bet JT is ahead by miles. Always in the right position. Hideous human being though.