aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I dont mind using four CBs across the back - MoN favoured this system at Villa and it worked fine. However, we are supershort back there and we needed Basey in even before we let Foz go. Basey will almost certainly join, but we need anotehr defender.

Letting Foster go for Velicka seems like a terrible deal; it will hinge on who we sign in defence.

I don't know very much about Ricky Foster. But I'm not convinced this is a good thing... is it??

It's just a totally bizarre move, I think. Only thing I can think of that he's got in his favour is that he can literally play in any position apart from 'keeper. Not a bad player, but no idea why Rangers would swoop for him in particular, and certainly won't challenge for the first team, I wouldnt think.

It's just a totally bizarre move, I think. Only thing I can think of that he's got in his favour is that he can literally play in any position apart from 'keeper. Not a bad player, but no idea why Rangers would swoop for him in particular, and certainly won't challenge for the first team, I wouldnt think.

because i have literally no interest in the goings on of rangers i have no idea who is currently getting a game for them in full back positions but surely to fuck he's better than broadfoot.

he's fucked if he thinks he's getting a game out wide in midfield though, which seemed to be his plan if he stayed at pittodrie this season.

because i have literally no interest in the goings on of rangers i have no idea who is currently getting a game for them in full back positions but surely to fuck he's better than broadfoot.

he's fucked if he thinks he's getting a game out wide in midfield though, which seemed to be his plan if he stayed at pittodrie this season.

It's Broadfoot and Whittaker at right back and Papac at left back.

It's Papac and only Papac except some youngsters that we've got for left back.

Smith had said that any more players would be squad players... so I hope Foster isn't getting his hopes up. He can't be much worse that Broadfoot surely?!

He won't get a wide midfield role... not with Weiss now and Naismith playing well so far.

I still don't believe this. A serving hun in the Dons team? (albeit one even Rangers fans had forgotten existed). The already unpopular Foster coming back to Pittodrie after a year at Ibrox? He better come back with all aforementioned faults ironed out.

I wonder if there are any clauses to the deal. Perhaps the Huns wanted Fozzy permanently but couldn't afford him so worked out a swappy loan deal in the meantime? I can't imagine the deal was instigated by McGhee desperately wanting Velicka.

What?!

WHAT?!

WTF?

McArdle for full back of the season.

Does Foster not hold the 100m record at Ellon academy or something?

That's all you need to know.

Darren Mackie holds it at Kemnay Academy!!

I don't like this whole ordeal one bit. As Trigger said though, let's wait and see what McGhee has up his sleeve. Surely he has a plan with what to do with all these strikers?!? I like Foster, most of the time, and I don't like the thought of him playing for Rangers one bit. Fair enough, Considine can be reasonable at left back, but what happens when he inevitably becomes injured or if we want any kind of attacking threat down the left flank other than Aluko?

I'd rather see Considine at centre back too, but as Ifil is one of the highest paid players - I believe - McGhee maybe feels obliged to play him? I suppose the lack of depth at the back is worrying, but at the same time, the squad is a lot better than last season by the looks of things and from what I've heard about some of our new players. Maybe it will be ok and 2-4-4 will prevail, Aberdeen will win the league and McGhee will be the next Man United manager.

Magennis has already been a goaly, so maybe he can just become a left back? Ho ho.

He's not allowed due to a gentleman's agreement between the home nations.

You have to have been born, have parents or grandparents who were born or have been schooled for five years in the country you're seeking to play for.

I imagine Arteta meets none of these criteria.

Every time Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland mention these criteria, I can't help but think: John Barnes.

Some folk on ab-mad thinking that Hartley may have had a hand in the Velicka move?

You can take the man out the Lithuanian Mafia but you can't take the Lithuanian Mafia out the man?

Van last favour Meester Hartley and your slate is clean. Vee vill not contact you again

Does Foster not hold the 100m record at Ellon academy or something?
Darren Mackie holds it at Kemnay Academy!!

And when Fozzy and Mackie came through the youth teams, the main youth coach was a sprinting coach... coincidence? Bagshaw was also signed as he was fast as fuck...

Foster says:

"The move certainly came as a shock. I did not know anything about it till around 4pm this afternoon when I returned from training and had a few missed calls. I spoke to my agent and he told me there was a possibility I could be moving to Rangers.

"Since then everything has been a bit mad. I had to return home then come back into the club and go through all the paper work.

"I have not had much time to think about it to be honest.

"I see it as a massive opportunity for myself. An opportunity to progress my career.

"Hopefully I will be involved in the Champions League games. That would be a fantastic experience and something every player wants to be involved in. I also see it as a chance to improve my chances of being involved at International level.

"I feel the experience will help my development at this stage of my career and will make me a stronger player for when I return to Aberdeen next season."

Which I suppose is much what he would be expected to say and isn't very interesting. I've pasted it now though. Hopefully he'll be a revelation and we'll sell him to Bursapor for 10m on the first day of the January transfer window.