aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Darren fucking Mackie. Anyone who's read my posts will know what I'm talk about, and can probably fuck directly and extensively off.

More to come when I've sobered up. We were poor.

there's no way we were poor. st johnstone are a tough team and have a good defence. could've legitimately been two - nil as there was nothing wrong with the goal. we ran the midfield and aluko and maguire were giving their defence a pretty tough time.

we were a bit shoddy with our passing though, particularly bebo. need to work on keeping the ball, if we'd done that st johnstone wouldn't have been in the game.

there's no way we were poor. st johnstone are a tough team and have a good defence. could've legitimately been two - nil as there was nothing wrong with the goal. we ran the midfield and aluko and maguire were giving their defence a pretty tough time.

we were a bit shoddy with our passing though, particularly bebo. need to work on keeping the ball, if we'd done that st johnstone wouldn't have been in the game.

Agreed, I thought we played and coped quite well against a big physical team.

Maybe should have had a pen too. So could/should have been 3-0.

Agreed, I thought we played and coped quite well against a big physical team.

Maybe should have had a pen too. So could/should have been 3-0.

no way it was a pen. maguire ran into duberry and bounced off him.

we should just enjoy it just now though, top of the league!

montrose 3 Arbroath 0

what a day. what a feeling. I have genuinely forgotten what it feels like when you win a game and to watch a team full of confidence who believe that they can go out and win a game against superior opposition was a joy.

After what has been a fucking horrendous 2 years of utter drivel, stress, heartache and foul moods; to watch us go out and gub our biggest rivals was priceless. Absolutely fucking brilliant.

Tweed got it absolutely spot on tactically today (for the first time in a long time), YAAAAS MIN.

montrose 3 Arbroath 0

what a day. what a feeling. I have genuinely forgotten what it feels like when you win a game and to watch a team full of confidence who believe that they can go out and win a game against superior opposition was a joy.

After what has been a fucking horrendous 2 years of utter drivel, stress, heartache and foul moods; to watch us go out and gub our biggest rivals was priceless. Absolutely fucking brilliant.

Tweed got it absolutely spot on tactically today (for the first time in a long time), YAAAAS MIN.

Wrecked some accas on the Pitt. Bar bus!

Congratulations min. Sensational avatar as well.

Pretty poor match at McDiarmid today but got to be happy with the three points and top of the league! Game could have gone either way really, Saints probably had more chances, and it always looked like being a 1-0 or a 0-0. Thought Hartley was great again today, really gets stuck in and gets everybody going. The kind of player oppoisiton fans hate! Great to see Zander tearing his teammates a new arsehole a few times as well, definitely a future captain. Not everybody played well, Ifil had a stinker and Zander pretty much had to hold his hand through the whole game, though Zander made a howler in the second half as well and could have cost us a goal. A few bizarre moments from McArdle as well. All in all a hard fought and well earned three points from a team that worked hard as fuck for 90 minutes. Great atmoshere at McDiarmid as well. Dons fans were singing throughout.

Didn't see the penalty shout. Must have been having a piss.

Pretty poor match at McDiarmid today but got to be happy with the three points and top of the league! Game could have gone either way really, Saints probably had more chances, and it always looked like being a 1-0 or a 0-0. Thought Hartley was great again today, really gets stuck in and gets everybody going. The kind of player oppoisiton fans hate! Great to see Zander tearing his teammates a new arsehole a few times as well, definitely a future captain. Not everybody played well, Ifil had a stinker and Zander pretty much had to hold his hand through the whole game, though Zander made a howler in the second half as well and could have cost us a goal. A few bizarre moments from McArdle as well. All in all a hard fought and well earned three points from a team that worked hard as fuck for 90 minutes. Great atmoshere at McDiarmid as well. Dons fans were singing throughout.

ifil looked ok on tv, apart from his usual rubbish passing. even got man of the match on alba.

I managed to watch the game online today, joined bet365 who were streaming the game live, don't know if they will show aberdeen games often but if they do the 5 euro deposit will be more than worth it. Although the game today was pretty shite, until the Dazzler popped up.

Chelsea winning 6-0 again and Barca winning the super cup with a 4-0 second leg victory made this pretty much the best start to a season ever!

I watched the wrong game. 1-0 win for boro against Sheffield united this afternoon, Kris Boyd scored his first for the club with the only decent chance that either side managed to create. I say create, it was largely thanks to a slip from Chief Bastard Chris Morgan to let him in on goal. It was an awful match to watch, neither team were comfortable on the ball in midfield and as a result the front men might as well not been on the pitch.

Good to get a win though, more please!

Nani has never scored a penalty in normal time, excluding shootouts. He missed 3 for Sporting Lisbon and 1 for Portugal. Not getting Giggs to take it was daft. Fulham were great though. They should have had a penalty, but for the shirt tug, not the hand ball, which seemed to his O'Shea's thigh on the head on replay. Zamora was awesome. He bullied little Jonny Evans all day. No one bullied John O'Shea though. He's just shit.

Evra is still the king. He's just not fully fit yet. You'll see when he is.