aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

If Basey doesn't sign, then Foster can kiss his dreams of playing as RM goodbye. He'll be LB all season. It's probably his best position anyway, but I'd still like a natural LB in the squaaaaad.

Foster is wearing number 3 again this season so irrespective of anything else he should really be playing left back and left back only.

In other news, I now won't be buying a season ticket:

Turnstile Changes for U12 and Student Tickets | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

Alternatively, anyone know a good source of fake student cards?

Foster is wearing number 3 again this season so irrespective of anything else he should really be playing left back and left back only.

In other news, I now won't be buying a season ticket:

Turnstile Changes for U12 and Student Tickets | Club News | Club News | News and Features | Aberdeen

Alternatively, anyone know a good source of fake student cards?

We need to get on the case. I just don't know if they'll take my student card as it says it expired in may, despite the fact I'm now going into 4th year. Lets talk.

We need to get on the case. I just don't know if they'll take my student card as it says it expired in may, despite the fact I'm now going into 4th year. Lets talk.

I can't afford a full price season ticket though. The article says that student season ticket cards will be checked every game on entry along with a valid student card. I look nothing like Fran.

The only surprising thing is that they took so long to implement this check. I'll just pay on the gate every game like a full grown man. At least if it all turns shit I won't feel obliged to go.

The only surprising thing is that they took so long to implement this check.

indeed. if they had planned on doing this you'd think they'd have told students when signing up or sending out their ticket. perhaps it's a reaction to lower season ticket sales and an increased amount of u12s / students / concessions. announcing at half time in first match when nobody is listening(i never heard if) and on the official website isn't going to help all fans either.

i'll be at the wizard fest for killie match but will be interested in how strict they are. i reckon for this match they'll be lenient and say "if you don't bring it next match you won't get it" and at 2.55pm when it's busy(especially if we beat super J's) they may let a few in past without stopping them.

Weiss signed on loan today. I know nothing about him except he's come from Manchester City and he was decent at the World Cup. I'm excited by this regardless.

He's a good player. Needs a wee bit of fine tuning, deciding when to run with the ball and when to release it, but he's an immense talent. Should rip the SPL apart.

Speaking of ripping things apart, Balotelli ripped Timisoara to shreds when he came on tonight. Great start for him, and hopefully a sign of things to come. Early days though...

He's a good player. Needs a wee bit of fine tuning, deciding when to run with the ball and when to release it, but he's an immense talent. Should rip the SPL apart.

Hopefully he'll give us what we're missing (and I know we're missing a lot, but it's that wee bit of excitement I'm looking for most!).

On another note if what I've read is true he'll already be a 'fans favourite' for turning down Celtic!! Haha.

Love the Jocky Fritzl avatar, Maxi!

WHA'S IN CHERGE HERE?

Err, anyway. Nae making the trip to Scapa this Saturday which is a shame: Greenock is a shithole, but it's quite a decent day out, strangely. Can see it being a fairly rubbish 1-1 draw, they usually are.

And if there are any running battles on Montrose High Street at 4.50pm, I want YouTube links plz thx!

:up:

good news - conference football is back on the telly if you have sky and can be arsed forking out 8 quid a month for a channel that mainly shows gaelic football, aussie rules football and the Irish Premier League. I think they did show celtics game tonight mind. Never heard of them before, Premier Sports on channel 433 on Sky. Some much needed funds for the club but they'll probably turn out as rubbish at paying as Setanta!

bad news - fucking moved fixtures to accomodate live TV. Went through it all before with Setanta and you really dont expect it in the fifth tier of English football. Season before last we played on every day of the week. I went away to forest green rovers on a thursday night as Setanta thought it a spiffing idea to show forest green v cambridge united up against a shit load of europa league games... no wonder they went bust!

Guest Gladstone

Good win for us tims last night, and an enjoyable game to attend. Couple of our signings really taking shape. Big bald Swede, let's just call him Dan (cos I've forgotten how to spell his surname) was composed and solid at the back. Nothing fancy. Headed the ball clear everytime it was in the air, nobody got past him, and he also can pass the ball. Cracking debut. They didn't exactly pummel our defence, so a bit too early to judge, but on that performance, he looked assured at the back. Even Loovens didn't look horseshit playing alongside him. Kayal in the middle looked like a real player. I think he's going to be the closest thing to Petrov we've had since he left. He tightened up and had to come off, but a bit of match fitness and he's going to be everything that Scott Brown promised to be and more (hopefully). He did all the harrying and tackling that Scott Brown does, but could also put his foot on the ball and make a pass. Looks as if Mulgrew isn't going to be trusted in Europe - Ledley played 90 minutes at LB, and looked ok, but a natural LB would be better in there. Hopefully this Honduran dude is good.

2 good signings for the huns yesterday. The bastards.

Good win for us tims last night, and an enjoyable game to attend. Couple of our signings really taking shape. Big bald Swede, let's just call him Dan (cos I've forgotten how to spell his surname) was composed and solid at the back. Nothing fancy. Headed the ball clear everytime it was in the air, nobody got past him, and he also can pass the ball. Cracking debut. They didn't exactly pummel our defence, so a bit too early to judge, but on that performance, he looked assured at the back. Even Loovens didn't look horseshit playing alongside him. Kayal in the middle looked like a real player. I think he's going to be the closest thing to Petrov we've had since he left. He tightened up and had to come off, but a bit of match fitness and he's going to be everything that Scott Brown promised to be and more (hopefully). He did all the harrying and tackling that Scott Brown does, but could also put his foot on the ball and make a pass. Looks as if Mulgrew isn't going to be trusted in Europe - Ledley played 90 minutes at LB, and looked ok, but a natural LB would be better in there. Hopefully this Honduran dude is good.

2 good signings for the huns yesterday. The bastards.

Agreed, thought Brown looked much better too, he's not the sort of player that can pull all the strings, but is more effective coming on to the game.

Guest Gladstone
It couldn't possibly have been boring. It was a magical European Night at Anfield. Best fans in the world.

Joe Cole is rubbish.

Why the fuck was Joe Cole stepping over a penalty anyway? Isn't that Captain Marvellous's job?