aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Three trialists in each half. First half team had Langfield, Diamond, Maguire, Fyvie and Mackie in it, plus Shaughnessy and Megginson from the U19s and McArdle.

Second half team had new signings Howard and Magennis, along with Ifil, Paton and Foster from the first team and Jack, Robertson and Ross from the youths

Fraserburgh played the better football in the first half against a slightly more recognisable Aberdeen side, but it was half an hour before either side had a shot on goal.

Dons went 4-3-3 with a potent attack of Megginson, Mackie and Maguire. Ha. They were severely lacking in.. well, anything really. The three man midfield was Fyvie, who did well, and Trialists Adnan Ahmed and Yoann Folly who were bollocks. Ahmed did a lot of not very much at all, and Folly.. well, his name says it all.

Robbie Williams was the other trialist and he looked to have a decent left peg, and played probably the one decent defence-splitting pass for the First-Half Dons, who conceded after Clangers and McArdle failed to communicate, leading to McArdle nodding the ball away from the erstwhile goalkeeper. Steven Main still had much to do, but curled into the far corner.

[sorry, I can't help going into proper match report mode]

Second half started much better, and Jeff Smith levelled things up with a cracking 25 yard shot in off the underside of the bar, only to fall behind again when Howard could only get a leg to Graeme Johnston's free kick, allowing Jamie Duguid to tap in.

Two minutes later, and Bob Morrice fired in a low cross to the near post which Robertson sliced past his own keeper in an attempt to clear.

Don't really know if Howard was to blame for the second goal as it came through a ruck of bodies so he might not have seen it until late. Basey and Smith combined well down the left flank, and Okus was slightly more visible than the other two trialist midfielders. Magennis is fucking HUOWGE!

The AFC site weren't watching the same game as me by the looks of thing.

I played as Aberdeen on Fifa 10 today. I put Jamie Langfield upfront, for a bit of a laugh. He could hold the ball up better than Mark Hughes. Bit slow on the turn, but practically untacklable. Just a bit of food for thought for McGhee there.

Fifa hasn't lied to me yet. I signed Pedro Leon on Fifa 09, and his rating rocketed to 95. Now look. He signed for Real Madrid last week. It's gospel.

former arsenal and everton forward francis jeffers will have a trial with premier league newcomers blackpool this week after being released by sheffield wednesday at the end of last season

Good move for him and the Jeffers family. Living in Blackpool and getting paid to not play football is probably slightly better than living in Sheffield and doing the same. The Premier League dieticians might have a bit of a problem with Franny's new adopted diet of Candy Floss though.

Dons on the trail of Lee Hendrie (ex-Villa, and decent if I remember) and Paul Hartley.

Interesting (except for Paul Hartley)

I'd be happy with either or both provided they are fit. We desperately need experienced midfielders like these guys. I can imagine wages being a stumbling block....

seriously gutted he has went to that lot even after we (man utd) said we wouldn't be going for him. gah. still a crackin' player :(

on the dons front i wouldn't say no to the experience of either hendrie or hartley. hated hartley over the years but mainly because of who he has played for. he can still play, no doubts about that!

both quoted as 33 years old.

I hope Cole ain't getting the money he wanted at Chelsea. Not denying he has some talent but i wouldn't succumb to excessive wage demands as he seems a bit of a typical money hungry guy ashley cole style with thick wag to boot, or perhaps his agent over reaching the mark for money over career. underused at chelsea but then was he not injured & then unlikely to establish himself in a team of title winning "stars"?

whatever happened i reckon he's more chance of a game for pool than Yousi for chelsea...

Good signing for anyone this. I thought he was going to go to Spurs or Man Utd, but he proved everyone wrong. A very ideal signing since the loss of Benayoun.

So that's one transfer fiasco finally done and dusted. Now we just need Barcelona to stop being arseholes about a player who is under contract for another 4 or 5 years. They are being very unsporting and just truly hideous in the transfer market this summer. Nearly all of their starting XI have gone to the press and said how Fabregas should "come home". If I was Wenger, I'd submit. I'd tell Barca "Okay, fine. Cesc is for sale. 300 million. Take it or leave it. Everytime you try and haggle, I'll add 25million". It's strange how they have the audacity to be so ruthless about an Arsenal player when they still owe big sums of money to Arsenal for Hleb and Henry from a long time ago. I hate Barcelona. I hope they go fucking bust and use the Nou Camp to host bullfighting.