aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

Are you allowed to tell us that kind of stuff?

Anyone can access the register of private landlords. People have the right to contact private landlords, for the means of communal repairs or reporting anti social behavior. Cowboy letting agents seem to have a knack for not telling tenants who their actual landlord is, incase the agents are refusing to get shit done, but are worried the tenant will go over their head, which they have every right to do, so it's completely open to all.

Edited by Joda Serk

Anyone can access the register of private landlords. People have the right to contact private landlords, for the means of communal repairs or reporting anti social behavior. Cowboy letting agents seem to have a knack for not telling tenants who their actual landlord is, incase the agents are refusing to get shit done, but are worried the tenant will go over their head, which they have every right to do, so it's completely open to all.

So I could ask for my landlords deatisl from the letting agent if i was disputing an invoice for a repair?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The word 'bereavement' stems from the 1500s, when reavers would pilfer livestock from Northumberland crofters, before passing them over the border at a gap in Hadrian's Wall. Those who had their livestock stolen were 'bereaved'.

Furthermore, the term 'blackmail' also apparently originates from this time, as 'mail' is a derivation of 'meal', and the attritioned reavers would negotiate a meal from crofters as an alternative to having their livestock taken from them.

Edited by Eupraxia

Similarly, "boycott". It originated from Charles Boycott, an Irish landowner who had a dispute with the farmers whom he leased land to, when he tried to raise their rent. They unionised and all the local farmers refused to work his land or harvest his crops, local businessmen refused to trade with him etc., he was completely shunned from the community. He ended up having to hire in workers from far afield to come and harvest his crops before they were ruined, and also security to protect them from the locals. The whole thing ended up costing him way more than he got for the crops. There the term to "boycott" something was born.

It's probably been mentioned on here plenty, and I've probably overlooked it when it has, but Stuart Holden, who has pretty much had his knees bollocksed up by Jonny Evans, was born in Cults.

That's something I learned today, that everybody probably already knew.

He also plays for Sheffield Wednesday now. I didn't know that until I started watching the game against Dirty Leeds, and there he was. I tend to rarely know about loan deals happening, and then there they are, on the pitch. Oh yeah, there's that guy. And then they're gone in a few weeks.

Stuart Holden also used to a "professional" video gamer, specifically Counter Strike. There's something to fall back on incase his knees have been Evansed good and proper.